Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Socom Gear m1911 MEU

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

The gun is OEM'd by WE. It has its own mags (aren't compatible with other brands. The efficiency on gas is crap, only shoots maybe 10-15 of the 17 rounds. The guns does the job, accurate enough, full metal with really nice externals. Their sights and grips are quite good. Although the trare off is tgat it is not 100% marui compatible and some o the internals (the hop up, out barrel and bushing are crap, especially the hop up unit. ) my recommendation is to order the asg(kjw) one for 100. It's cheaper, full metal, co2/green gas compatible and has compatibility with marui parts. Otherwise she'll ogr8 for the Tokyo Marui.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Lil Armour wrote: »
    The gun is OEM'd by WE. It has its own mags (aren't compatible with other brands. The efficiency on gas is crap, only shoots maybe 10-15 of the 17 rounds. The guns does the job, accurate enough, full metal with really nice externals. Their sights and grips are quite good. Although the trare off is tgat it is not 100% marui compatible and some o the internals (the hop up, out barrel and bushing are crap, especially the hop up unit. ) my recommendation is to order the asg(kjw) one for 100. It's cheaper, full metal, co2/green gas compatible and has compatibility with marui parts. Otherwise she'll ogr8 for the Tokyo Marui.

Thanks, I really can't pick a good pistol for the life of me!! I think the asg 1911's frame is abs:
    http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1121&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26
    I guess I'll have to keep searching........

Well I am a bit of a pistol fanatic. What is it you want from your pistol? Full metal? Heard hitting? Long range/accuracy? Gas consumption? Cheap? Expensive? Pick from them and then name the type and I can hopefully be of some help to you.

Well I am a bit of a pistol fanatic. What is it you want from your pistol? Full metal? Heard hitting? Long range/accuracy? Gas consumption? Cheap? Expensive? Pick from them and then name the type and I can hopefully be of some help to you.

Oh, well I definitely want it to be full metal, decent range and accuracy, at least one mag per fill of gas on an average day with green gas, in and around the 130-170 mark. I like modern pistols so glocks and 1911 meu etc. Just not m9's
    Thanks

Ok so full metal: rules out Tokyo marui (best on the market for performance and gas consumption)
    Green gas and modern rules out the classic 1911's by kwc and kj.

If you full metal, modern and cheapish (130) go for the kj Sig p226. Which you can buy or make grips that aren't abs. The eentire gun is full metal and isn't an m9.

Otherwise for performance/gas consumption go for Tokyo Marui (knight warrior or 5-7)
    For metal and modern go for the Blackwater meu 1911 by kwc (it's co2 though)

And if you want metal green gas that will be decent enough go for kjw Sig or 1911.

Failing the above get a clear springer or a spud gun. If yoy ever want to have a feel of the different pistols (plastic, metal, co2, green gas etc. Let me know you can try nine in the hive or over in tallaght)

• Advertisement

Ok so full metal: rules out Tokyo marui (best on the market for performance and gas consumption)
    Green gas and modern rules out the classic 1911's by kwc and kj.

If you full metal, modern and cheapish (130) go for the kj Sig p226. Which you can buy or make grips that aren't abs. The eentire gun is full metal and isn't an m9.

Otherwise for performance/gas consumption go for Tokyo Marui (knight warrior or 5-7)
    For metal and modern go for the Blackwater meu 1911 by kwc (it's co2 though)

And if you want metal green gas that will be decent enough go for kjw Sig or 1911.

Failing the above get a clear springer or a spud gun. If yoy ever want to have a feel of the different pistols (plastic, metal, co2, green gas etc. Let me know you can try nine in the hive or over in tallaght)

Thanks mate, your a true gent I was just looking at the kj p226, any thaughts
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Note this as well for the kjw sig p226 if green gas doesn't work out.

CpcRc wrote: »
    Note this as well for the kjw sig p226 if green gas doesn't work out.

Oh thanks for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

No worries, it's a fairly recent release and my friend had a kjw sig so I heard about it.

Advertisement