Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remember your first phone???

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mr. G wrote: »
    It was a blue nokia brick with 2 rubber lights on either side.

Orane lights?

Would be the 3510i perhaps. Also came in a weird gold colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

nokia 3210 was the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

bumper234 wrote: »
    Oh you youngsters and your fancy shmancy phones, This was my first phone in 95

Maxon_EPC590E.JPG

You could make and receive calls THAT was it:eek:

Mine too. Weighed a tonne - well 500g - and the poxy aerial doubled its size. Battery life was only around 8 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I was looking at this thread and thinking ... phone at that time were pretty much all European brands aside from Motorola and NEC. Things have changed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I had a Nokia 3110....pure class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭betistuc

Between 1988-90, I actually leased a mobile phone as they were so dear to buy. It was a Mitsubishi MT3 or MP3 (not sure) I had a small collection/delivery freight service running between Donegal and Dublin and was using the damn thing to alert customers of my imminent arrival. Reception was dreadful especially on the move and the lease charges were something like 50 punts + vat a month. Got rid of it eventually and emigrated and didn't own another mobile phone untill 1999 when they began to be affordable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

http://www.cntr.salford.ac.uk/comms/resources/artefacts/mobile_phones/GSM/Motorola_v3688.JPG

worked for them at the time, and they gave everyone a freebie along with voda sim card. was a decent enough phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

There were actually some *very* small 088 (analogue TACS network) phones.

The latter years of analogue produced some really amazingly small phones as there was hardly any technology in them really at all other than a radio transmitter and a very small bit of computing power.

They were smaller than GSM phones when GSM first launched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

5110. One of the best phones ever made. Indestructible, and brilliant battery life.
    They don't make them like they used too.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭homer.j

220px-Motorola_MicroTAC_9800x.jpg

image2.php?path=Ringo%20NMT900%20Blue.jpg

image2.php?path=2010.jpg

The+Ericsson+GA628+-+technews24h.jpg

Siemens-S25-02.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

mobilc10.jpg

Siemens C10, Eircell Ready to Go Formula One Pack with a Tshirt & F1 VHS! :pac:

Advertisement