Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dungarees?

• 30-05-2013 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

I was dismayed to see dungarees being trashed by multiple posters on beaut.ie. I love my dungarees- I have two pairs of shorty ones- one denim with a drawstring bib, and these:il_570xN.440350912_s70q.jpg

I'm 5ft 6.5ins, and an average size 10. I wear them pretty baggy but slightly fitted on the butt (thanks to my generous posterior). Please tell me I'm not making some kind of fashion faux pas!

PS this is not me in the photo- its a model!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

They seem to be in fashion at the moment alright. Personally I think they're awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I had great pair in nineties. :)

They remind me way too much of Krstie Alley in Look Who is Talking. That pregnancy outfit made me dislike them for ever. They are fashionable but just not my thing. The short ones look better IMO.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think they're awful, personally, but if you like them and think they look good on you, then wear them away. I'm amazed they've come back into fashion; I've never heard a good word about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Ugh, dungarees are horrible! They are just hideous and aren't flattering at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I hate them but each to their own!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I wouldn't listen to Beaut.ie but that's just me :p

They're definitely of the moment anyway. Penneys have some lovely floral print ones, very Blossom/Clarissa!

I have these, I think they look really slick on!

River-Island-black-smart-dungarees-mdn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I like them too! There all over Lookbook and Tumblr at the moment with the trendy kids! I love the pair Twee posted above! Seen a few pairs on ASOS and Boohoo! And +1 i would not be taking fashion advice from Beaut.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Wouldn't be a fan at all I'm afraid OP- but if you like wearing them then who cares. I just don't think they're very flattering on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Hmm...a lot of hate for the dungarees. I'm still going to wear mine but its good to know all the same. Mine are pretty baggy, slightly fitted on the butt. I've definitely seen some bad look ones that are tight on the crotch a la...article-0-171D9E45000005DC-714_306x695.jpg
    I think it's harder to pull off the full length ones, haven't worn those since the 90's! I'm liking the Blossom/Clarissa reference- if you ignore the hideous purple background I think she looks pretty good. clarissa+dungarees.gif
    I'm definitely considering a floral print pair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I love long dungarees/overalls. I have a black pair from ASOS and love wearing them, they're smart and comfortable, and I like the 'landgirl' vibe I feel when wearing them!

That being said, a lot of celebs are wearing denim ones and some of the looks are awful, and too styled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tommy100

Love Dungarees on women. Think the fitted / skinny dungarees are very very sexy. they have earned a bad name simply beacause they are 'bad mouthed' for no reason and they are also worn all wrong. get rid of the baggy ones and get the fitted skinny ones and wear a crop/tank top or vest underneath. heels definitely help also. they are brilliant for showing off womens curves. Hope the become popular. here are some pics of what I mean.

scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/10683839_302961063221396_1828845535_a

scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/outbound-distilleryimage8/t0.0-17/OBPTH/fa8190a833a211e4bee590e2ba42aa60_6

scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xap1/t51.2885-15/926823_1413986352159514_1822625594_a.

(insert above into google and it will take you instragram site)

U cannot say they don't look incredibly hot in their dungarees

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement