Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In 4 year honours bachelor degree, will I get a degress in year 3

Options
  • 30-05-2013 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am doing 4 year honours bachelor degree in DIT. If I completed third year, will I get a graduation ceremony or that only happens in other college?

Many thankss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

No you will get your graduate the November after you finish 4th year. The reason some people graduate after 3 years is often that either they did an Ordinary Level Degree for 3 years, graduate and then add on an extra year for an Honors degree. Another reason is that some Honours degrees are only three years such as teaching or arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ardeehey

Or like back in my day DIT only issued an advanced dip after 3 years (you got a graduation) then you did a 4th year there but it was rewarded by Trinity. I think that all stopped about 11-12 years ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I think there is a staged leaving system for some courses, I know for mine there is, if we leave after second year we can get a cert, 3rd year and ordinary degree and fourth an honours degree. Maybe this is the system you're thinking of? I don't know the official name for it or how to apply, but as far as I know it can be done. I'm trying to find information out myself on it at the moment.

Advertisement