Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Line Checker has lost the plot!!

Options
  • 30-05-2013 10:01am
    Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Can one of the reps please explain how the Line Checker is reporting that the Drogheda exchange is due to be enabled, starting 2015, when it is already enabled and live? Same goes for other exchanges like Letterkenny!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi LFCFan,

Can you please confirm if you are using the Eircom website www.eircom.ie to check your line and the map?

Thanks

Tracey

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Hi LFCFan,

Can you please confirm if you are using the Eircom website www.eircom.ie to check your line and the map?

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracy,

Yes, this was using the Eircom official line checker. See below

Thanks,

David.

[font=arial, sans-serif]http://db.tt/HK1iB9S0[/font]

linecheck.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Same here ...
    Tested my phone number last week > success ! 
    Try again today and says not available until July-Dec 2013 , yet when I check map , map says June-July 
    Balbriggan exchange

Hi,

My apologises for this.

I have checked the map on this website and it states the Drogheda exchange is enabled. When you test your number it advises if you can get it in your cabinet or not.

Would you like to PM me your telephone number and I will check it for you?

Thanks

Tracey

Hi,

My apologises for this.

I have checked the map on this website and it states the Drogheda exchange is enabled. When you test your number it advises if you can get it in your cabinet or not.

Would you like to PM me your telephone number and I will check it for you?

Thanks

Tracey
    PM Sent, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 djiffou

Just checked the eircom page, entered my phone number (I'm outside of Clarecastle, Co.Clare plugged in to the Teermaclane cabinet). It stated I was connected to the Straffan exchange (in Kildare???) and there was no plan to upgrade: it does look a bit stressed!

We are currently on the less than 2MB OGB (old generation broadband) and received a letter a few weeks ago that our broadband would be automatically bumped up to 8Mb NGB within a few weeks. Nothing yet but "a few weeks" is a very loose definition of time by any standard.

djiffou wrote: »
    Just checked the eircom page, entered my phone number (I'm outside of Clarecastle, Co.Clare plugged in to the Teermaclane cabinet). It stated I was connected to the Straffan exchange (in Kildare???) and there was no plan to upgrade: it does look a bit stressed!
    I tried my parents number which is connected to the Balrath exchange in Meath and the checker told me they were connected to the Drogheda exchange!

Thank you for that information.

I have sent you a PM back there.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Verygames11

I have the same issue as LFCFan, but I live in Offaly

Hi Verygames11,

I'm sorry about this.

Would you like to PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Hey Tracey, 

I just got off the phone now with eircom and they have logged it for me do you still want me to PM you my details?

Ok that's good that they have logged it for you.

Would you like me to advise if you can get the Fibre service? Has an agent already advised of this?

Thanks

Tracey

The agent said that it was not available yet and that they would know more about it in 2 weeks time, but a friend was told that he would be getting it any time after July-December of this year.

The agent took all my info and told me that when the new cab is about to be put in I would get a call/email or letter.

Hi,

The accuracy of Fibre is depending on your town. Tullamore is due to be upgraded between July-December.

You will be contacted by Eircom when your cabinet/exchange is enabled.

Thanks

Tracey

Okay thanks for the help Tracey.

No problem, sorry I can't help you any further.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eggman99

Enniscorthy is on the map for May/June but when u check ur phone number it says July/December

Hi eggman99,

Sorry for this confusion.

Would you like to PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement