Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddies Down Under - TV3

Options
  • 30-05-2013 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Just stumbled on the melbourne episopde on the TV3 player.

Pretty Cringing.

SOme of the things you'd pick up looking at it:

Aussies are lazy and dont want to work, have loads of money and cant be arsed moving themselves.

There is sh*t loads of construction jobs and you'll basically walk into a job.

You go to St Kilda and never leave the place, dont bother go into the city just best to stick in St Kilda.

TBH I found it hard to watch and especially seeing as its airing now and to be fair the construction work in general is a lot harder to find, the impression its giving is its still booming and not really realistic.

And christ but the narrator is so annoying!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Dats_rite wrote: »
    Just stumbled on the melbourne episopde on the TV3 player.

Pretty Cringing.

SOme of the things you'd pick up looking at it:

Aussies are lazy and dont want to work, have loads of money and cant be arsed moving themselves.

There is sh*t loads of construction jobs and you'll basically walk into a job.

You go to St Kilda and never leave the place, dont bother go into the city just best to stick in St Kilda.

TBH I found it hard to watch and especially seeing as its airing now and to be fair the construction work in general is a lot harder to find, the impression its giving is its still booming and not really realistic.

And christ but the narrator is so annoying!
    Ahhhhh....link please?

Sounds BRILLIANT :)

...and by brilliant I mean hysterical.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

I wouldnt watch it for the title alone, west brit ****e

NinjaK wrote: »
    I wouldnt watch it for the title alone, west brit ****e
    Now don't be racist ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Now don't be racist ;)

I dont think you understand what I said.

NinjaK wrote: »
    I dont think you understand what I said.
    Joking...obviously didn't use enough emoticons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Dats_rite

Dats_rite wrote: »
    Thank you sooooo much :)

My Pleasure!

I've watched 1 episode and thats 40 minutes of my life im never getting back!

Never again

It's like a fantasy program...'furniture removal is a huge industry'.

It's basically mining, furniture removal, agriculture and finance...that's the major Australian industries :)

Work 1 day a week, party and chill out rest of week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I watched the episode of Sydney, mainly as a friend of mine was featured. It's old though (2years I think).
    Pretty poor television, but hold some truths also.

hussey wrote: »
    I watched the episode of Sydney, mainly as a friend of mine was featured. It's old though (2years I think).
    Pretty poor television, but hold some truths also.
    I only made it through Part 1 of the episode that was posted. It wasn't too bad...the narrator was annoying as hell though. The people in it seemed sound and not too dissimilar to the 'average' Irish people you'd meet living and working here.

I don't think it will win any awards and I certainly won't be hunting for more of the same but it looked a pretty good ad for the Australian tourism board and or for the Australian governments efforts to recruit skilled migrants to Australia. I am sure they'll be only too happy for TV3 to do their work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

The show is absolute tripe. The narrators delivery is utter twaddle. But the Melbourne show is an accurate description of three different types of Irish people that come here. I know a few days with a film crew isn't enough to show your entire life but I think its a bit sad that they focus on the Irish staying Irish over here and saying that ozzies aren't fun they don't know how to have 'the craic'. You can't expect a metropolitan male to have the same humour as in your parish back home. I would say the Irish pale in comparison to 'the craic' the islanders have their whole culture seema to come from laughing.

Advertisement