Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss laying off staff unfairly to hire Jobbridge

Options
  • 30-05-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, going anon for this.

Basically i started in an IT company 6 weeks ago via the JobBridge. Everything is going great and they are thrilled with my progress. But just today 2 members got fired today for NO Reason. Literally NO reason, and i suspect its because he wants to hire more Jobbridge people to work for him for free.

Is this allowed?? those guys are qualifed, working mininum wage and have kids and still have been given the sack!

I am also being made work 1 weekend per month, can they make me do this?

Apparently the boss is a mean one and only cares about money, what are my rights and the guys rights?

If someone could advise i'd be most grateful.

I think the jobbridge (The way he seems to be using it) is a scam to get people working full-time for the dole and No job security or benefits.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

anon4post wrote: »
    But just today 2 members got fired today for NO Reason. Literally NO reason, and i suspect its because he wants to hire more Jobbridge people to work for him for free.

How do you know for a fact there is no reason? because these two guys told you so? As anyone who has to manage people knows it is actually quite difficult to just sack someone, and you certainly can't do it for no reason. There are processes and investigaions and due process you have to go through. without a full knowledge of what went on, there is no way you can know if they were sacked for no reason, especially when you are only there 6 weeks.

what are my rights and the guys rights?
    your rights are the same as every other worker. But how this situation impacts on your rights I can't see - it is nothing to do with you and you would be best off keeping your nose out. As for the rights of the other guys, again they have the same employment rights as everyone else, but it is for them to learn what they are and not for you to be worrying about on their behalf.

If you want to make youself familiar with your rights and entitlements, this is a good place to start
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/
    I think the jobbridge (The way he seems to be using it) is a scam to get people working full-time for the dole and No job security or benefits.

If you feel that the company you are placed with is using the Job bridge scheme fraudulently or unscrupulously then you can report them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

That JobBridge is a joke.......

Working all the hours a company give's you for €50!!

Cheap Labour is all that is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Most of those jobbridge position are questionable to say the least.

Advertisement