Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union took direct debit when i had it cancelled mnoths ago

Options
  • 30-05-2013 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Maybe you can help me with this.

I had a direct debit set up from my bank account to my credit union for good part of ayear, i eventually cancelled it around 6 months ago and no further direct debit came out.

I switched banks this month and was called to confirm the direct debits i had taken over and to my shock i was told a direct debit came out today for the credit union :eek:

Brand new account just opened and now overdrawm as my pay does not go in until tonight.

The guy with the switch over team confirmed that there were other direct debits that were on the account that i had cancelled also that they were looking to bring over but to his credit he is ceasing them and looking into the credit union issue for me with his manager

My questions are this though

How can a driect debit that was cancelled be reapplied with out my autherisation.

Why have direct debits that i have cancelled been brough over(thanksfully being ceased) but still curious

And is there anyone i can report this issue too?

Any advice of info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Advertisement