Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Offer on matrix supplements

• 30-05-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi,

There is an offer on with Groupon for matrix supplements see link below.

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/Markettown/22195620?nlp=&CID=IE_CRM_1_0_0_150&a=1676

Also I have just started back at the gym doing weights in the last few weeks. I currently weigh about 79kg and I'm just shy of 6 foot. I would like to weigh closer to 85kg. I have a bit of fat around my midrift but apart from that I'm reasonably lean. Would it be wise to get the creatine tablets with this offer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

never heard of them.
    http://www.matrix-nutrition.co.uk/buy.cfm/elite-products/matrix-elite-whey-protein-2.25kg/79/yes/77763
    thats the website there.
    it comes in at 53% protein per serving, I can't find ingredients listed and it only has one review and thats a bad one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Kevcol

I was looking at these too this morning. First time looking to use protein supplements so be good to know if these were decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

RRP €155??

Get the f£ck out.

This stuff isn't even worth the deal price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

In fairness it has 'Elite' in the name so it has to be good.. that's how it works right?

Elitefact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

COH wrote: »
    In fairness it has 'Elite' in the name so it has to be good.. that's how it works right?

Elitefact

Yeah its elite, ELITE GAINZ to be had.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Wouldn't use.

There was a comical thread on muscle talk recently where they advertised their sale but find out all their labels were wrong and I didn't really know what they were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Baldie wrote: »

Its pretty bad, the whey is only 53% protein. To put it in perspective you can get 2.5kgs of ~75% protein delivered to your door for 45 euro (often with a free shaker). The creatine you can get for 18 euro (180 caps for 14 euro) - that works out as a total of 63 euro for .25kg extra whey that contains almost 50% more protein. Given that you buy protein shakes for protein its a no-brainer.

edit: if you buy the whey online in 5kg or 10kg bags its even cheaper per kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

If the ingredients are in brackets the highest amount doesn't have to go first. I would always been suspect of blends unless they state the percentages added

Container Size: 2.25kg
    Serving Size: 1 scoop
    Servings per Container: 50

Whey Matrix Protein Amount per 45g Serving:
    K cals/K: 146 k cals
    Protein: 24g

1 euro a scoop for 24 grams of protein is roughly what it works out at. I pay just over 50 cent for 24 grams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Its pretty bad, the whey is only 53% protein. To put it in perspective you can get 2.5kgs of ~75% protein delivered to your door for 45 euro (often with a free shaker).

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get this?

Baldie wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, where do you get this?

bulkpowders or myprotein are the most competitive on price, fitness ireland are also decent.

Advertisement