Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Escape From New York Screening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Kinda disappointed with their choice of first movie tbh.To me at least,EFNY isn't really a Grindhouse movie.

Meh,hopefully they will show some of the lesser known,grittier GH movies going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Hi Necronos, Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry you're disappointed with the choice. frown.png Maybe one of the future films we select will be more to your liking?

I take on board that for yourself, EFNY isn't really a Grindhouse movie. You might be interested in this this website, which we used as a reference point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Jaysus don't get me wrong,I really like EFNY and as a massive horror/sleaze/Grindhouse fan it's fantastic to see someone trying something different.

I guess disappointed was the wrong term but when I think of Grindhouse I think of movies like Last House on the Left,Thriller : A Cruel Picture or Fight For Your Life,movies that are morally questionable to most,low production values and being nasty for the sake of nasty.

EFNY is pretty polished and is a movie you wouldn't mind sitting and watching with yer Mam,you know what I mean?

Irregardless,Im going to try and make the screening anyway as I'd love to see this taking off.

Necronos wrote: »
    I guess disappointed was the wrong term but when I think of Grindhouse I think of movies like Last House on the Left,Thriller : A Cruel Picture or Fight For Your Life,movies that are morally questionable to most,low production values and being nasty for the sake of nasty.

No worries :) I watched both Thriller: A Cruel Picture a.k.a. They Call Her One Eye again only a few weeks ago. I still think it's a terribly ignored film and the revenge segment is very Sam Peckinpah and stylish in its brutality.

Fight For Your Life is also a really interesting film and a provocative one at that. It'd be an interesting one for Grindhouse Dublin.

There are plenty of hidden gems that we would like to build to, the key word here being build. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I take on board that for yourself, EFNY isn't really a Grindhouse movie. You might be interested in this this website, which we used as a reference point.

So in Germany, EFNY was called "Die Klapperschlange". From now on I will call it nothing else. :D

I'll look forward to this.

• Advertisement

grindhousedublinforbidd.jpg

WIN A COPY OF ASYLUM SIGNED BY JOHN CARPENTER!

Grindhouse Dublin in association with Forbidden Planet Dublin is delighted to announce the competition of the year! Open to all ticket holders attending John Carpenter’s Escape From New York on June 28th at Light House Cinema.

A signed copy of the new graphic comic ‘Asylum’ by the Master of Horror himself John Carpenter! The competition will be held on the night with the winners details forwarded to Forbidden Planet where the signed copy will be sent to the lucky winner in July after it ships from the U.S.A. Two runners up will each receive a copy of the comic!

See you all at Escape From New York, and good luck Grindhousers!

Buy Tickets here

Join us on our Facebook Page

Twitter Page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Speaking of Grindhouse, tonight on The Horror Channel has Dear God No! (2011) an artful homage to classic grindhouse values.

Here's another exciting way to keep up to date with Grindhouse Dublin events, the Grindhouse Dublin Newsletter!

The newsletter will post up all the latest updates as seen here on our Facebook Page, but we will also provide exclusive snippets of news, make our first announcements of future competitions, and give a hint as to our next screening, as well as much more!

Click below to sign up for the Grindhouse Dublin Newsletter!

https://www.facebook.com/GrindhouseDublin/app_100265896690345

Advertisement