Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web development

Options
  • 30-05-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi there, i am start a bit of web development, i am currently using joomla, what i am having trouble with is finding a template that i can use and that come with a template map. Can anyone suggest any sites that support their templates with maps

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

In Template Manager make sure Template Module positions previews are activated via "Options". Then click on the preview button next to the template name to see all the pre-defined regions. You can rename these in the templatedetails.xml file and also the index.php file (possibly others also) of the template if you wish.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 27 haze man

cool thanks very much nick

is there any way of getting the module map to appear as well?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

haze man wrote: »
    is there any way of getting the module map to appear as well?

Unless the template designer made an image then it's not there. Check the template folder for a png/jpg etc. If not just print out the template preview and it should serve as one, even though some items may appear to overlap. Could always just make your own in paint and the rectangle and text tool :)

Nick

thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

In you url append with the following "?tp=1" - without the quotes.

see if that works (or is that what you are looking for?!)

Advertisement