Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New iPod Touch G5 16GB announced

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

coylemj wrote: »
    No rear-facing camera, low key announcement by the looks of it.

€249 in Ireland, £199 in the UK...

This article says it's only available in silver..

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tech/news/a485729/apple-unveils-budget-16gb-ipod-touch.html

but the Apple IE and UK stores are offering black and silver....

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_touch_16gb

I wonder why no 32GB or 64GB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i want an iphone with a silver back like that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just to clear some of the confusion up.

Apple announced the iPhone 5 last September and also announced the iPod 5th Generation with the 4" Screen. It featured the new design with the anodised aluminium.

They continued to sell the iPod 4th Generation with the 3.5" screen and same look as previous generations, this sold at a lower price than the newer 5th Gen and only came in 8GB.

Today they discontinued that 4th Gen model and in it's place announced the above model, featuring the same design as the 5th Gen but without the iSight camera on the back and Lanyard Strap.

So basically it's exactly the same as the more expensive model, only without the camera and clip for the safety strap. It's €80 cheaper too, and only comes in one colour, Black and Silver, hence the confusion with the above poster thinking they we're separate colours. The back is silver, the front is black.

They now have a 16GB model, in one colour without the rear camera and lanyard strap for €249. They also sell a 16GB and 32GB model with the camera and strap which comes in a range of colours starting at €329.

That's basically what happened today. Also to note they announced 100m iPod Touch devices sold to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

DubDJ wrote: »
    They also sell a 16GB and 32GB model with the camera and strap which comes in a range of colours starting at €329.

Which is a joke of a price. I ordered a 32GB model on Amazon for £200. The seller was Apple too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Which is a joke of a price. I ordered a 32GB model on Amazon for £200. The seller was Apple too!

Yeah especially since the iPad mini is €10 more expensive. I know you might be going in to buy an iPod. But if you have the money spare and are deciding between the two I'd never pick the iPod Touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

DubDJ wrote: »
    Yeah especially since the iPad mini is €10 more expensive. I know you might be going in to buy an iPod. But if you have the money spare and are deciding between the two I'd never pick the iPod Touch.

I got it to listen to music and podcasts while on the go. An Ipad Mini would not be portable enough for me and I'm not a tablet sort of guy anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Keno 92 wrote: »

+1 Picked up a 4th Gen iPod Touch 16gb for £130 when the same iPod was €229 on the Apple site

I had assumed that Apple products were the same price everywhere- was glad I checked.

Advertisement