Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

office 2000 on win 7 64 bit laptop

Options
  • 30-05-2013 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

hi all just found my old microsoft office 2000 disc and was wondering would i encounter any problems when trying to install it on newly purchased windows 7 64 bit laptop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

ps. should mention will only be using itfor microsoft word regards brian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I'd probably install Libre Office instead of a piece of software now fourteen years old. You may not encounter any problems but I'd be willing to bet there's a shedload of exploitations just waiting to help compromise your system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Just do a custom install when prompted, select Word if that's all you need, and away you go.
    You won't have any issues or conflicts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

well... the main problem would be with compatibility with more recent word document types. No? Or did they patch office 2000 to be able to recognise it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

As Office 2k is so dated nowadays LibreOffice would be a major "upgrade", plus it is free. As mentioned above Office 2000 may even have security issues, leaving compatibility aside

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

office 2000 is not compatible with 64bit os

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

the oldest version of office that will work on a 64bit os is 2003.

older versions may work on win 7 32bit but not 64bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

As stated by others LibreOffice 4 would be a far better option.

Advertisement