Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin port

Options
  • 30-05-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm travelling to Dublin port tomorrow evening with campervan, coming to Dublin from Naas direction. Am I allowed to go down quays to the port or do I have to use m50 and port tunnel? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭afatbollix

You can go into the city its only trucks with 5 axles that cant go down the quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mick111112

vinniem wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm travelling to Dublin port tomorrow evening with campervan, coming to Dublin from Naas direction. Am I allowed to go down quays to the port or do I have to use m50 and port tunnel? Thanks

pay the tenner:)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭vinniem

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

mick111112 wrote: »
    pay the tenner:)
    It'll only be €3 won't it? Southbound in the evening (plus the M50 toll).

Unless you're hitting city centre between 16hr00 and 19hr00 (rush 3 hour), and you don't fancy the quays. Even so inbound won't be that bad.
    I'd go exit N4 on M50, Chapelizod by-pass, Islandbridge, Conyngham road, North circular...apart from not paying tolls it's also a straighter line.
    Remember bus lanes are open to civil traffic after 7pm most people don't realise so it's dead easy make progress. Says it on the sign-posts.

• Advertisement

There's bus lanes the length of the quays where north circular is single lane. Still much of a muchness though, both take about 25mins from phoenix park given moderate traffic.

Advertisement