Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of replacing warped floorboards

Options
  • 30-05-2013 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

We've gone sale agreed on a house. We had a survey done earlier this week and it's highlighted a number of issues. But there are two that we think are serious enough that we are going to ask for the selling price to be dropped to account for these issues to be resolved.

Hence, I want to try and get an idea of how much (roughly) it would cost to resolve them.

1) There was a seriously dodgy repair job done on the external sewer pipe junction at the side of the house. Lots of heavy taping/sealing has been used.

2) We were aware of a leak under the ensuite shower tray. This has been fixed by a plumber but the remedial work is pretty basic. The affected plasterboard on the ceiling downstairs has been changed out. But the badly damaged coving on the ceiling has been fixed up with pollyfilla and painted over.

And the floorboards in the ensuite, outside the bedroom and in the hallway are severely warped.

How much (ballpark) would we be talking to replace these?

I've attached a (very crude) image file to illustrate what I'm talking about. The blue lines represent the warped floorboards.

amc7l.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

quad_red wrote: »
    We've gone sale agreed on a house. We had a survey done earlier this week and it's highlighted a number of issues. But there are two that we think are serious enough that we are going to ask for the selling price to be dropped to account for these issues to be resolved.

Hence, I want to try and get an idea of how much (roughly) it would cost to resolve them.

1) There was a seriously dodgy repair job done on the external sewer pipe junction at the side of the house. Lots of heavy taping/sealing has been used.

2) We were aware of a leak under the ensuite shower tray. This has been fixed by a plumber but the remedial work is pretty basic. The affected plasterboard on the ceiling downstairs has been changed out. But the badly damaged coving on the ceiling has been fixed up with pollyfilla and painted over.

And the floorboards in the ensuite, outside the bedroom and in the hallway are severely warped.

How much (ballpark) would we be talking to replace these?

I've attached a (very crude) image file to illustrate what I'm talking about. The blue lines represent the warped floorboards.

amc7l.jpg

Anyone? :o

Advertisement