Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre address checker

Options
  • 30-05-2013 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

At present we don't have an active landline at all and in our time in the house (several years), there has never been an active landline here.  However, with efibre, our estate is part of Phase 1 (Douglas, Cork) and all addresses in my park show up as being enabled for efibre except mine.  I think most likely that is because a landline hasn't been present here for years and the information on the address is simply out of date.  How can I get an accurate line test done on an inactive line?  As I said we live in a fibre enabled estate and are 100 metres line of sight to the fibre cabinet!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi jvbrds,

I'm afraid we can't give an accurate or any test results on an inactive line. The line has to be active for us to test it for Fibre or any broadband products.

I wouldn't be able to guarantee the Fibre to your house until I tested your active line.

If you wish to explore your options for activating the line you can contact our sales team on 1800 503 303, they will explore all your options with you.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jcbrds

Hi jvbrds,

I'm afraid we can't give an accurate or any test results on an inactive line. The line has to be active for us to test it for Fibre or any broadband products.

I wouldn't be able to guarantee the Fibre to your house until I tested your active line.

If you wish to explore your options for activating the line you can contact our sales team on 1800 503 303, they will explore all your options with you.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey,

I have activated the line, but cannot make or receive calls on it yet, but I do have the number.  I got that by dialling 199000.  When I check the number, it comes up as being able to get efibre no problem which is no surprise since my next door neighbours already have it.  But can you look into why I cannot make or receive calls on it yet.  I'll PM you the number.

Hi jcbrds,

Would you like to PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

Hi jcbrds,

Would you like to PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey,

Yes, I have sent you a PM.

Thanks, I have sent you a PM there.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Thanks, I have sent you a PM there.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey,

My new number which has changed in the last day is now completely active.  Now that I have an active Eircom landline, I need to get my new number tested properly by the networks guys.  It's not showing up as fibre enabled yet as its a brand new number, but my estate is fibre enabled and my next door neighbours have already got efibre installed.  So can you get the network guys to run the various tests they need to do on my line for efibre.  I'll PM you the new number which is different from before.  I ordered this line online so distance selling act and cooling off period applies and if nothing can be done in the next few working days, then I'll just cancel the whole thing, so this is fairly urgent.

Hi jcbrds,

I have received your PM and I will send it off to our networks section now for you.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi jcbrds,

I have received your PM and I will send it off to our networks section now for you.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey,

Have you heard anything back from the network guys yet?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jcbrds wrote: »
    Hi Tracey,

Have you heard anything back from the network guys yet?

Thanks
    Hi jcbrds

Tracey has advised me that she is still awaiting an update from operations and as soon as she receives an update she will get in touch with you by PM.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement