Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English

Options
  • 30-05-2013 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Wednesday is looming and I just have one question:
    In the functional writing section when it asks you to enter a competition, e.g 2008, what are you expected to write? A speech or a letter or something?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Something like what they call a 'personal statement' for college. You could do it in the form of a speech I suppose, but basically it's a short statement outlining all the reasons why you should be chosen over anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 exovoomnia

spurious wrote: »
    Something like what they call a 'personal statement' for college. You could do it in the form of a speech I suppose, but basically it's a short statement outlining all the reasons why you should be chosen over anyone else.

Ahh, I see! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Do you think a Debate/speech will come up for Personal Writing?In 2004 and another year it didn't come up...Should i not bank on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 exovoomnia

MJ434 wrote: »
    Do you think a Debate/speech will come up for Personal Writing?In 2004 and another year it didn't come up...Should i not bank on it?

It's came up for the past eight years so it's pretty likely it'll come up this year too though I'd have something else prepared just in case...

Advertisement