Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone done the 'The Gaiety School of Acting' Intro to drama course?

Options
  • 30-05-2013 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I was recommended to take up acting lessons to help develop my communication skills.

Quite reluctantly I gave it a go with a beginners six-week at a different location.

It turned out to be not as bad as I thought it would be.

I was reluctant, because when I think of acting, I think of people struggling to make a career out of it. So I decided that I wasn't going to look at it to do it for a role in a play or short but just to improve myself.

The six week course actually turned out to be fun and enjoyable and I also learned a few skills.

After it finished I tried going to another weekly drama group. That was also fun, but was also more difficult as there are were people with much more experience.

I decided that for the meantime I may just stick a few beginners courses to gain more experience before going back.

It's finishing up for the summer now anyway.

I thought about the The Gaiety School of Acting. They have a few summer courses starting soon but I'm not certain as it seems a bit expensive.

Can anyone share their feedback?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hurricanefloss

no idea.. so sorry no help

on the other side, how was the 6 week course? Id love to do that. what was the drama group?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FeckArseInc

on the other side, how was the 6 week course? Id love to do that. what was the drama group?

The six week course was "Act the Maggot" in Temple Bar. It was really good, although it's in hiatus right now. The teacher said that she would be reforming it to add new and different material.

The other ongoing drama group is "nodrama".

Advertisement