Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Itchy flakey scalp, but only on 2nd/3rd day hair?!

• 30-05-2013 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I'd love some guidance.

When I freshly wash my hair, my scalp feels normal and everything is fine and dandy. However, after around 36-48 hours after washing, my scalp gets really itchy, I get flakes of dry skin coming off, and sometimes I experience tenderness/soreness around the crown. My hair wouldn't be overly greasy though.

Anyone else experience this? Can anyone recommend a good shampoo or treatment to alleviate it? Have tried clarifying shampoos, natural shampoos, anti dandruff shampoos, La Roche Posay, etc, but always the same.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

fartyarse wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I'd love some guidance.

When I freshly wash my hair, my scalp feels normal and everything is fine and dandy. However, after around 36-48 hours after washing, my scalp gets really itchy, I get flakes of dry skin coming off, and sometimes I experience tenderness/soreness around the crown. My hair wouldn't be overly greasy though.

Anyone else experience this? Can anyone recommend a good shampoo or treatment to alleviate it? Have tried clarifying shampoos, natural shampoos, anti dandruff shampoos, La Roche Posay, etc, but always the same.

Thanks for reading.

Have you tried a coal-tar shampoo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'd never get a second good day after washing from my hair.
    I can have an issue with tight feeling scalpand dry flecks/bits falling off.
    I switched to a sulfate free shampoo (says SLS free on label)
    I got Burt's bees SLS free shampoo and conditioner. My scalp never feels tight/sore any more and there are no white flecks.
    Hope thus helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

It could be eczema or psoriasis as I know I get the same & I have scalp psoriasis. Coal-tar based shampoo is good for this as mentioned above. Unless you’re sure it’s dandruff, then I would avoid the anti-dandruff shampoos as these can do more damage if it is a skin condition. Also the SLS free/light shampoos mentioned do really help. I’ve been using the Tresemme Naturals ones for a while now & find they work well. A clearing shampoo like Pantene’s one used once a month can really help if you use any products as build up of these can cause some problems too. Hope that helps 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Yizzur only brilliant, thanks!

Have never tried the coal-tar shampoo but I see T-Gel is a readily available form of it, will be nicking the boyfriend's bottle!

Will also pick up the Tresemme Naturals too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Will also pick up the Tresemme Naturals too.

Try to grab the travel size bottles of it to test it out for yourself before getting the big bottles. I always try to do that coz you get a good few washes out of them so lets you know if causes more problems or helps :)

• Advertisement

Try to grab the travel size bottles of it to test it out for yourself before getting the big bottles. I always try to do that coz you get a good few washes out of them so lets you know if causes more problems or helps :)

Great tip, thanks so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Great tip, thanks so much!

I recommend the moogoo range,natural and they do scalp creams and milk shampoos. Check out their website, lots of pharmacies stock the range too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

jadie wrote: »
    I recommend the moogoo range,natural and they do scalp creams and milk shampoos. Check out their website, lots of pharmacies stock the range too

Can I butt in please and ask what your hair feels like after the moogoo shampoo?
    I want to buy their shampoo and conditioner next. Are they dearer than 15 quid a bottle ?

jadie wrote: »

Awwww mannnn!

You've just made me bankrupt! :D

The products look absolutely amazing, going to get the skincare too.

Thanks a bazillion for the recommendation!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Awwww mannnn!

You've just made me bankrupt! :D

The products look absolutely amazing, going to get the skincare too.

Thanks a bazillion for the recommendation!!

Yes it's a great range and reasonable too. The website and packaging is so cute too! I found the milk shampoo did help in clearing up my dry scalp.It was €15 in a local pharmacy. Haven't tried the conditioner. A friend tried the scalp cream and had good things to say about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 AislingE

Hi everyone

I'd love some guidance.

Thanks for reading.

Hi i would recommend Tgel shampoo you can purchase a dry scalp or a greasy hair one! They work wonders! However the smell isn't so fragranced, so if i ever use it i just use tgel first and then apply my normal shampoo! Plus, there not expensive and you could even find it in Tesco!

Advertisement