Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you missed out on this Generation

Options
  • 30-05-2013 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Now that the end seems near(ish) on this generation, What games have you missed out on?

Some highly rated games this gen i havent had the pleasure of playing but to be fair on my part, I have probably played and Platinum'd a good few more than what I am missing, suppose you can't play them all!:)

I got Demon's Souls off PS+ yesterday so i'm glad i get to experience that.

I'll do it in a Top 5 format sure.

1. Mirror's Edge -Never played it but a lot of people want a sequel!
    2. Bio-Shock 1/2/Infin.. Don't know why, just haven't.
    3. Tomb Raider - Loved the originals and i will play this eventually..
    4. Dark Souls - like Demons, really wanted to get into them but knew them were time consuming, only play that game for months sort of job.
    5. Killzone 3- loved the first 2 but never bothered with the 3rd.

I know there is still time, so maybe i will get to play them or others games that members mention.

Here's my top 5 must play this Gen

1. Journey - wow, oh my , cant say anymore. Humbling experience. BUY IT.
    2. Ni No Kuni- Awesome JRPG and what i wish Final Fantasy was still like :-(
    3. BF3- My favourite FPS.
    4. God of War III
    5. Telltale's "The Walking Dead" Another awesome thought provoking game. Pulls at the heart strings

I've loads more but I don't want to saturate the post.

What are your Top 5 Missed out of/ Must play Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Not played any of the Uncharted or Mass Effect series.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Final Fantasy 7
    Metal Gear Solid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Bioshock, never had the urge to play them...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Unchartered

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

If any of you haven't played Mushroom Wars, you are SERIOUSLY missing out on some fantastic tower defense online action. I believe even the single player was free on PS+ some months ago. Online upgrade is only a few euro. Jeebus, I'm on it every night [IrishTLR]. Fantastic value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

My two would be:

Infamous - I still have the free copy from when PSN was hacked years ago, but I've only played an hour of it
    Prototype - Likewise, played it for a bit but got bored quickly

Other than that, I've also skipped all the God of War, Call of Duty and other FPS games, but that's down to not liking them rather than not getting around to them

I do plan however to work my way through all the Assassin's Creed games, because I am way behind in them. Only moving on to Brotherhood tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Uncharted, I bought the first but it crashed at a certain point, returned it for a different copy and the same thing happened. Pity really it looked so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't think I missed out on any really since I think I bought everything I wanted. Playing them, however, is another thing. :)
    Mirror's Edge
    Darksiders
    Souls games
    Bulletstorm
    Heavenly Sword
    etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Marsden wrote: »
    Uncharted, I bought the first but it crashed at a certain point, returned it for a different copy and the same thing happened. Pity really it looked so good.

Get all 3 of them, they're cheap now and fantastic. Uncharted 2 is an unmissable game if you've a PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Resident Evil 6 ~ I'll get around to playing it before I make the leap to next gen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

franman wrote: »
    Resident Evil 6 ~ I'll get around to playing it before I make the leap to next gen.

Don't bother. Play Res Evil Revelations instead. 6 is a huge cluster **** of a game. If it didn't have the Res name no one would buy and play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Battlefield 3, Assassins Creed 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Finally starting to play Uncharted now after owning it for about 4 years.

Good game - I'm useless at the shooting though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,177 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

On the PS3 I've missed (that I can think of):

Super Stardust HD
    Folklore
    Wipeout HD
    Afrika
    Flower
    Katamari Forever (Never played any Katamari game)
    Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
    Heavy Rain
    God of War III (I bought 2 but never played it)
    3D Dot Game Heroes
    Ni No Kuni

But there's still time... right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Johneen93

Bioshock Trilogy - Never bothered to get them.
    Dead Space 2&3 - Read the reviews, they left the Horror element and they're basically a linear action 3rd person shooter. Played plenty of them before.
    Resistance 2 & 3 - Never liked the first one.
    Any of the Fallout DLCs - €10 per DLC? they are having a laugh (€10x10 DLCs=€100!!!)
    Little Big Planet 2 - How different is it from the 1st one really? Just more and more editing and platforming. You could nearly make the pre-set (story) levels yourself in LBP 1.
    Motorstorm - Racing games? meh...
    Gran Turismo V - Again, racing games? meh...
    The Lost and Damned & Ballad of Gay Tony - Just never got around to them.
    The PS3 Rachet and Clank games - I knew they wouldn't be as good as the PS2 days, and it's now beginning to show. The first PS3 R&C games are supposed to be good but I never bothered.
    God of War Ascension - A prequel? they are just milking it now. Finished with GoW III and left it with that in terms of story for me.

And thats pretty much it... Too many games to buy or spend time playing

Daemos wrote: »
    My two would be:

Infamous - I still have the free copy from when PSN was hacked years ago, but I've only played an hour of it

Other than that, I've also skipped all the God of War, Call of Duty and other FPS games, but that's down to not liking them rather than not getting around to them

I do plan however to work my way through all the Assassin's Creed games, because I am way behind in them. Only moving on to Brotherhood tonight

Don't bother your hole! the series goes downhill after that! especially Revelations.

Johneen93 wrote: »
    Any of the Fallout DLCs - €10 per DLC? they are having a laugh (€10x10 DLCs=€100!!!)
    Bulletstorm - Racing games? meh...

You should really shop around more. You can get Fallout 3 GotY Edition for €25 now with all DLC included same with Vegas.

Bulletstorm is an FPS game. You are not missing out on anything there though.

Games I missed this gen are:
    Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
    Pikmin series

There is a load of great Wii and 3DS games I missed out on by not owning the systems.

Played everything on the 360/PS3 worht playing and found some hidden gems for myself like Mirrors Edge and Enslaved.

Daemos wrote: »
    My two would be:

Would not bother with Prototype, not worth playing and you are not missing out by not playing it.

I love the AC series but Brotherhood is the last good one. It jumped the shark after that.

Johneen93 wrote: »
    Bioshock Trilogy - Never bothered to get them.
    Dead Space 2&3 - Read the reviews, they left the Horror element and they're basically a linear action 3rd person shooter. Played plenty of them before.
    Resistance 2 & 3 - Never liked the first one.
    Little Big Planet 2 - How different is it from the 1st one really? Just more and more editing and platforming. You could nearly make the pre-set (story) levels yourself in LBP 1.
    Bulletstorm - Racing games? meh...
    The Lost and Damned & Ballad of Gay Tony - Just never got around to them.
    The PS3 Rachet and Clank games - I knew they wouldn't be as good as the PS2 days, and it's now beginning to show. The first PS3 R&C games are supposed to be good but I never bothered.
    God of War Ascension - A prequel? they are just milking it now. Finished with GoW III and left it with that in terms of story for me.

TBH, I think you should hang up your gaming controller.:D

You should really shop around more. You can get Fallout 3 GotY Edition for €25 now with all DLC included same with Vegas.

Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
    Pikmin series

There is a load of great Wii and 3DS games I missed out on by not owning the systems.

Played everything on the 360/PS3 worht playing and found some hidden gems for myself like Mirrors Edge and Enslaved.

I meant Motorstorm haha

• Advertisement

TBH, I think you should hang up your gaming controller.:D

Why? haha. Is it bad that I haven't played those mentioned?

Heres some of the games I have played (PS3 only)

The main Bethesda games; Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 & New Vegas
    Mass Effect series
    Uncharted series
    Assassins Creed series
    Killzone 2&3
    Infamous 1&2
    Heavy Rain
    Batman Arkham series
    God of War series
    The Rockstar games; GTA IV, RDR & Undead Nightmare, LA Noire, Max Payne 3
    The Orange Box
    Battlefield 3
    Deadspace
    Sleeping Dogs
    Far Cry 2&3
    MGS 4
    Burnout Paradise (the only racing game I buy)

Some of the games I have mentioned here would probably get in the list of the greatest games of this gen.

I have The Last of Us on the way, planning on getting GTA V and Beyond Two Souls, Watch_Dogs.

Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
    Pikmin series

I do shop around especially in the pre owned sections of Gamestop! but no luck finding what I want! all i seem to find are tonnes of previous PES and FIFA games, tonnes of Battlefield 3s, Assassins Creeds, Call of Duties, Mass Effects etc. As for buying online on Amazon, you have to pay for P&P and you usually hit the €20 mark for every game you buy when the Sterling is converted which is kind of pushing it for a couple of years old game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Before I go to Derry for a spin (am in Donegal), I sometimes take a look at the cex site to see if there are any games in the store I'll be interested in getting if a decent price. Could do the same for the Dublin store

Advertisement