Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

educational cartoons

Options
  • 30-05-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. just looking for recommendactions for kids shows/cartoons that have some educational benefit - I'm thinking the basics of numbers & words. It's for my 5 & 4year olds to watch. Something i can source on dvd as will be taking on holidays. I have some sesame streets already.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Alpha blocks is brilliant .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭wallycharlo

Team Umizoomi

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sud1

super why..my 4 year old loves it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Special agent Oso, Doc McStuffins, Sophia the First are favourites here - they really teach preschoolers about social issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

There tends to be a strong theme with certain kids programmes. Here's some of what I've been aware of my kids learning from particular shows over the last two years or so (they are 4 & 5)

Super Why - Teaches Alphabet & Reading
    Alphablocks - Phonetics for reading
    Team Umizoomi - Math
    Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - Problem solving & math
    Little Einsteins - Music & Art and world culture (we looooove this esp the DVDs)
    Jake and the Neverland Pirates - Problem solving, counting and social awareness
    Ni Hao Kai Lan - Problem solving, particularly emotional issues and social awareness.
    Special Agent Oso - learning to do basic tasks themselves with a focus on a child's perspective and encouraging working hard to succeed.
    Doc McStuffins - Social awareness, facing fear and problem solving for toy 'medical' care :)
    Sophia the First - Social awareness and things like personal responsibility and consideration of others.
    Nina and the Neurones - Basic Science

RTE Jr has some good shows, mine have learned a lot from Octonauts, something about Andy a Zookeeper (CBeebies show) and they like the shows with a cupla focal too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement