Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cabo Roig near Alicante, Spain

• 30-05-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

I'll be travelling to Cabo Roig, near Alicante, at the end of June. There's 9 of us in total - a mix of adults and children and we're staying for 8 days. We fly into Murcia airport.

What's public transport like to get to places like Alicante, water parks, etc. and would it make sense to rent a car instead of relying on public transport?

Any help would be much appreciated :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

BarneyMc wrote: »
    I'll be travelling to Cabo Roig, near Alicante, at the end of June. There's 9 of us in total - a mix of adults and children and we're staying for 8 days. We fly into Murcia airport.

What's public transport like to get to places like Alicante, water parks, etc. and would it make sense to rent a car instead of relying on public transport?

Any help would be much appreciated :cool:

Rent a car, Murcia airport is literally in a field beside a motorway. Don't expect if your have never being to Murcia before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

You're not too far from Murcia Airport. Just 15 miles. You could just rent 1 car and make 2 trips to get everyone to Cabo.
    As for Water parks, theme parks etc, Benidorm (or at least the outskirts of it) has a very good theme park (Terra Mitica) and a good water park also (can't remember the name of it offhand...Aqualand or something). There is also a water park in Terra Natura ( a quite good Zoo/Park attached to Terra Mitica).
    I hear they have slightly smaller versions of these in Torrevieja now...just up the road.
    Afraid I know nothing about Cabo itself, whenever we went we stayed just outside Alicante....which is a great spot. A proper Spanish City on the beach and the actual city itself is not very touristy at all, well worth a stroll around.
    I don't think that Cabo is on any train lines but you could always google bus routes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 74trinity

Am heading out there myself at the end of June, don't know much about the area I am afraid, and am flying into Alicante and have arranged a lift to Cabo. Looking forward to the break, have heard that there are some great restaurants and a nice beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Hi Guys,

4 of us heading to Cabo Roig in mid September. Any recommendations on pubs/restaurants? Are the beaches close to the town? How big is the town? Really don't know much about it, we just got a really good deal so any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭niallu

I would definitely get a car, shop around and you can pick them up quite cheap.

Have been to Alicante / Murcia a couple of times and would reccomend a great steak place (about 20km from Alicante).

A friend told me about it and we went 3 times. You will need to book in advance, and it's not really a touristy place, mostly locals and the staff don't really speak english.

T-Bone (at least 500g) with sides for €12
    Fillet Steaks ( 2 pieces per per person) for €14

I was in heaven!

http://grasaffinity.com/restaurante-el-gallego-pilar-de-la-horadada/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 74trinity

Try 'Italian Affair' or Puccinis, both fabulous, I think they might be owed by the same people. The Indian restaurants are also good. Also, there is a guy who runs a bus from Alicante Airport to Cabo Roig for E10 per person, if you are interested I can send on the details. He dropped us to our door and collected us really early for the return flight. There were 3 beaches nearby, the nicest one was 10 minutes walk away. There is also a big shopping centre nearby, about a twenty minute walk away. Best value in sunscreen at the supermarket on the top floor. Enoy, we did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Hi Guys,

4 of us heading to Cabo Roig in mid September. Any recommendations on pubs/restaurants? Are the beaches close to the town? How big is the town? Really don't know much about it, we just got a really good deal so any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks

Depends what you want to do. I found it quiet but good for young families. If you want an exciting night time holiday then it's not the place for you. The main strip is full of good value restaurants and bars. There are some at the back of the strip also.

The 'town' itself doesn't have a 'town' feel about it unfortunately. There is however a lovely walk along the promenade and this is where I expected the strip to be. The strip unfortunately looks onto a busy road :eek:

The other contributors are spot on, here's some more tips:
    Rent a car - between 4 of you it will be very cheap but start looking now
    Avoid 'The Eiffel Tower' Restaurant
    Cabo Roig is not sign posted as Cabo Roig but rather Campomanor and may not be picked up by your sat nav. It can be a nightmare to find, especially after dark so do your Google Maps research beforehand.

I can't think of anything else just now but hope that helps ;)

Advertisement