Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing campaign targeting butchers

Options
  • 30-05-2013 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hey everyone, not sure if anyone really looks at this page anymore but could do with some help! Working for a mobile marketing company at the moment where we offer mobile marketing solutions to companies.... ie. to small business SMS marketing where companies can collect mobile numbers and text their customers offers/discounts etc... we're doing a campaign at the moment to get the rest of the butchers in Ireland on board because they're our main client! If anyone's got any quirky / different ideas to add to the campaign please pm me!! at the moment we're working with a new landing page including testimonials, a referral program and direct mail & email campaign. Would love to hear some more ideas ;)

Also if anyone has any idea on the main problems butchers face at the moment that would be great. Every little helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rep man

Would a hospitality event work perhaps and set up a stall?I tried to post the link to the Irish one but as I'm a new user it blocked me, if you Google it you will find it. I know that the biggest hospitality event in the UK is either on now or just over. I know it'd cost you setting up but it might be a way of hitting a target group in a small time period.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CarlowGraphics

What we would suggest to do, is source main meat suppliers in country for butchers and add print media to orders sent out, encouraging butchers to join your campaign.

Other option is use gorilla marketing - sent out to butchers branded fly killers (swat) with message "Kill flies, not your customers".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Also if anyone has any idea on the main problems butchers face at the moment that would be great. Every little helps.

You answered the question yourself.

The main problem is the convenience of supermarkets and their buying power. Butchers need to think outside the box to compete. I have been working in marketing for years and have advised a butcher only recently. My suggestions were to run Saturday skills classes free of charge, simple things like how to do beercan chicken, spatchcocking a chicken,, making the most of your weekly budget etc.

Many butchers have great offers but they go down the tired and overused route of promotional mail and leaflets. Loyalty cards, special gifts etc are money better spent. Diversify the meats available and offer special package deals - stuff that you won't get at a supermarket.

I think you have a good idea about mobile marketing BUT a lot of people don't want to give out their numbers, I certainly don't.

I like the idea of the fly killers, if you really wanted to catch their attention you could send them a rotten chop (completely sealed!) with the message, don't let YOUR meat go to waste... fly killers is probably a better idea though :-)

Advertisement