Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a net plug??? What do they mean?

Options
  • 30-05-2013 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9130665/Trail/searchtext%3EWIRELESS+NETWORK.htm

Thanks for help, as Ive been advised to get Net Plugs, available in Argos apparently, so I think this is them.......:confused:

Problem is signal dropping or just disconnecting all the time. My provider reckons that the Booster is interfering with it also, but the booster was required from day one to get the signal at the other end of the house as well as upstairs as there was no signal from the modem!!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

These are home-plugs, You use them if you want to connect your computer by cable but don't have a long enough ethernet cable to stretch say across two rooms or one floor to another..

This will explain further on how to use these beauties..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyPNHonC6HI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Thanks a mil!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

you may want to spend a bit extra to get a wireless homeplug setup - the one linked above will only enable one wired device connection to your network whereas as well placed wireless one may solve all your wifi signal issues in the far end of the house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

theteal wrote: »
    you may want to spend a bit extra to get a wireless homeplug setup - the one linked above will only enable one wired device connection to your network whereas as well placed wireless one may solve all your wifi signal issues in the far end of the house

I think the OP was suffering from Wireless issues and its only one device that cant connect to the network. The above setup is absolutely fine.

Advertisement