Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do I need ESTA for flight within us or us to france

Options
  • 30-05-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,
    I am french ( VWP Country ),This summer I will travel to Canada and pass the Us border at Niagara falls by bus to take the plane at Buffalo airport to go to nyc and a week later I will take the plane from nyc to go to Miami and finally from miami to France

My question is Do I need to submit for ESTA? if yes, do I need to submit another paper or form ? if no, do I need to do somethng before taking the bus in CANADA, or plane inside the US?

I precise that I am traveling with my wife and my daugther of 1 year old

I wanted to add a question in case that I need the I94w where can I found it , or do I will get it at the border when I will go by bus to Buffalo Airport?

Thank you.
    Regards

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

You will need the ESTA which costs $14 and you do this online at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

You need this for your admission at the border (at Niagra as it is here you are entering the United States).

Your wife and daughter will also need to have their own ESTA on each passport and your daughter will need her own passport too and cannot travel on her parents passport like in the past.

You should get 90 days on VWP when you cross the US/Canada border at Niagra and the two flights from Buffalo and NYC are internal flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

betsoooo wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am french ( VWP Country ),This summer I will travel to Canada and pass the Us border at Niagara falls by bus to take the plane at Buffalo airport to go to nyc and a week later I will take the plane from nyc to go to Miami and finally from miami to France

As the link provided by Buffybot above shows, you do not need an ESTA if arriving overland (i.e. by bus or car) to a US point of entry when coming from Canada or Mexico. You'll just have to complete the I-94W paperwork at the border and they will stamp your passport with a tourist permit (can't call it a visa :rolleyes:), valid for 90 days or when the passport expires, whichever occurs first.

There's no issue with your other flights since they are either US internal (domestic) flights or the trip home. You won't need to produce your passports for the internal flights unless an official asks for identification for security (but not immigration) purposes.

As long as you all have passports valid for the duration of your trip to the US, there should be no problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I never knew this so please dis-regard the information I advised, I was sure the ESTA was for all methods of entry to the USA! whether by air, sea or land!

Advertisement