Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

Options
  • 30-05-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Konami have posted the first teaser with a promise of more details next week. The teaser has no gameplay as you'd expect and gives no indication of what systems it will come to. I really hope it comes to the PS4.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'd imagine the PS4 version will be basically the exact same as the PS3 one.

The series is dead now, they haven't managed a decent game during this generation of consoles entire lifespan.
    The gameplay is comparable to a PS2 style game(with the obvious exception of graphics).

Sad to see how quickly it died out after a number of years at the top from 2003-08.

Obviously some competition to EA is always a positive, but they have light years of catching up to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Hopefully they push FIFA in the new generation of consoles as its needed badly with EA slipping up a bit the last couple years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Last years pes was class. If they improve it this year they'll be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Konami released more details today about PES 2014 and it is pretty weak in my opinion. The worst thing for me is they confirmed no PS4 version. Not only that there is no Vita or 3DS version.

The screenshots don't look too amazing either. Guess we'll wait and see how it looks in motion.

Source

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not only that there is no Vita or 3DS version.

Well that is disappointing to say the least,I thought they might at least release a vita version this year,seeing as they didn't bother last year.

Well that is disappointing to say the least,I thought they might at least release a vita version this year,seeing as they didn't bother last year.

Wont be on Vita :( which is pretty much in line with every other game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

That video sounds promising.

I'm not too sure what to make of the E3 footage, just rewatched it again as the first time I only glanced over it.
    Some parts look very promising.
    But it was hard to tell much from the useless players who didn't have one shot or decent through ball in the parts I watched(just dribbling).

FIFA have definitely dropped the ball, they've milked this engine since 09 and all the new additions are flawed in some instances(collisions when players are on the ground, first touch with a bouncing ball etc).

The core gameplay issues have remained the same for 5 additions due to the engine.
    *Kicking the ball down the middle favours CB 99.9% and can create a solid chance when returned.
    *Dead spots you can't score shots from.
    *Passing it out of your packed defence through numerous strikers/midfielders to one of your attackers feet too often.
    *Lofted through balls virtually the same accuracy for every player. Ability to put it to the advantage of the striker landing on his toe far too often. i.e Counter attack is too overpowered and easy compared to dominating a team with clever football
    *power bar is too slow at times i.e you need to turn to aim the pass/cross/shot but he turns physically meaning he loses it when you weren't trying to alter the players path
    *in general it can be unresponsive and sluggish at the worst of times.

If PES can build a game that favours the better player, they could be onto a winner.
    How hard to could it be to penalise ppl rush passing it out of a packed defence on the ground, or add an accuracy factor for lofted long balls.
    Just small little changes to the FIFA model and we'll have the most complete football game since FIFA 09.

For all us FIFA players though the mention of ''Momentum'' actually being a factor in PES 14 is very chilling :D.
    Though PES sounds more like the worse you play the more it will hamper you, so thats a step better than the 'alleged' FIFA momentum that factors in randomly and unfairly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

I'm really looking forward to PES this year, which is something I haven't been able to say for a while. The new engine is looking amazing and all the gameplay videos I've seen look very promising. All the previews I've read are also all very positive although most do seem to point out some worrying problems such as poor goalies, card happy referees and the occasional physics problem (which is to be expected). Looking forward to getting a chance to try it out whenever the demo gets released (hopefully soon) :D

• Advertisement

Just noticed there.

Its only coming out for PS3/360...wonder will that impede them heading onto the next gen?.
    EA are doing the smart ploy by adapting their new engine to the new hardware and giving a watered down version for the PS3/360/PC.

Seeing as I only have the PC and will buy a PS4 I guess its out of the question this year(I'm sure a lot are in the same boat)

I feel the opposite way about this, I think that Konami have done the smart thing in releasing the new engine on the current gen, they can concentrate on working out the kinks in the engine for the first next gen release next year and they're still going to have the majority of their market on the current gen consoles this year anyway.

As for EA they have insured that I won't buy FIFA this year by saying that they are only going to release a proper version of FIFA on the next gen consoles and given what is essentially two fingers to PC gamers for no other reason than to try and for people to buy one of the new consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

How is PES 2014 not being talked about more here? Every year I've hoped and hoped, most of the time knowing they won't deliver but this year I think is gonna be a big swing back to PES.

Only computer game I am or have been excited about in years!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm gonna get pes this year,sick of fifa tbh.

How is PES 2014 not being talked about more here?

Not sure really, hopefully it'll pick up a bit once people have had a chance to give the demo a go. Which will hopefully be soon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Elro wrote: »
    Not sure really, hopefully it'll pick up a bit once people have had a chance to give the demo a go. Which will hopefully be soon. :D

Yea what's the craic with that? no official demo release date given?

Yea what's the craic with that? no official demo release date given?

No not yet, I think they were going to announce it this week but then delayed it so they could submit a newer build instead. I'd say it'll probably be announced sometime next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I feel like a liverpool fan when I think of a new PES. . .

theteal wrote: »
    I feel like a liverpool fan when I think of a new PES. . .

Excited but ultimately expecting to be disappointed?
    Or maybe you were just going for delusional and dreaming of past glories. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭darragh_k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Demo out September 11th for PS3 and 12th for Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Played three games of the new pro evo this morning it is amazing. Like a completely different game but in a good way.

Played three games of the new pro evo this morning it is amazing. Like a completely different game but in a good way.

That's good to hear, I've really liked what I've seen from Gamescom so far. Looking forward to giving the demo a go just a shame it's so far away.

Don't think its been mentioned already so the release date is the September 20th.

Here's the new trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The ball is the main focus, so you get lots of unexpected things happening. Finishing is superb. You don't get licked in animations like normally ie when you should hit a knee high volly he used to get stuck controlling the ball and centering himself for the shot. Now it's split second finishing.

The crowds impact the players if they get behind them it gives them a boost, if a player is doing bad they boo and it impacts the players. And if your getting trashed they get up and leave !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The ball is the main focus, so you get lots of unexpected things happening. Finishing is superb. You don't get licked in animations like normally ie when you should hit a knee high volly he used to get stuck controlling the ball and centering himself for the shot. Now it's split second finishing.

The crowds impact the players if they get behind them it gives them a boost, if a player is doing bad they boo and it impacts the players. And if your getting trashed they get up and leave !
    have GK's improved?
    there were terrible in previous games

Couple of gameplay vids

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Thats the PES 2014 booth :pac:

ud6bxI9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

probably going to give PES a decent go this year, Fifa has become far too bent for its own good. Won't be going to Next-gen for a while yet so suits me to give PES a go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Might go for PES over fifa this year. Fifa looks to have made a miniscule jump this year, while PES looks to be getting back on track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭darragh_k

Where is everybody ordering their copy? zaavi.com? shopto.net? (I'm not promoting them)

Advertisement