Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No idea where to get it online, but I reckon I'll just go for the cheapest. Delivery isn't too important, I hate playing without an option file. I fúcking hate getting option files :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

Not sure yet it depends on what all this pre-order stuff for 3rd kits and stadiums is all about but I'll probably just end up getting it as a digital download like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Might get it on PC this year.. I'd say it's much easier for option file's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

just a quick question does pro evo still do the random selection option for teams?

just a quick question does pro evo still do the random selection option for teams?
    Not sure, I think so. I'll give it a go later to find out. Remember playing random teams with my mate, Classic Brazil V Bradford City

• Advertisement

2013 did so I don't see any reason why they'd remove it in the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Elro wrote: »
    2013 did so I don't see any reason why they'd remove it in the new one.
    Cheers.

Just to clarify. I remember on one of the old games (think it was pro evo 6) you could hit a button and your teams squad would be made up of the best players from a load of different teams...

has this been an option in recent games?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Cheers.

Just to clarify. I remember on one of the old games (think it was pro evo 6) you could hit a button and your teams squad would be made up of the best players from a load of different teams...

No, unfortunately not. That was class thinking back to it now!

Cheers.

I had completely forgotten about that but no it's not in the game any more. Which is a shame because it was a nice feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Any idea whether it's possible to control the keeper when you pass back to him during play? They seemed to remove the ability when you select to play "unassisted" the last 2/3 years and this was enough to throw me off strongly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Anyone who's played it could you please answer these:

What are the change player button options like?
    I remember some recent one had only 3 choices for how to change player and none of them gave you full control over when and who to change to.

What is the full-manual passing like?

Is there any? This was always the best thing about fifa for me but something so easy to deliver just hasn't been before by konami.

As above, any additional goalkeeper control?

Cheers!

That random feature is definitely gone. That's Pro Evo for you. They add a nice feature, maybe even leave it for 2 games, then remove it for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyone who's played it could you please answer these:

What are the change player button options like?
    I remember some recent one had only 3 choices for how to change player and none of them gave you full control over when and who to change to.

What is the full-manual passing like?

Is there any? This was always the best thing about fifa for me but something so easy to deliver just hasn't been before by konami.

As above, any additional goalkeeper control?

Cheers!

Manual passing is there just like last year, hold theR2 button direct your pass with right stick and pass.

I just hit L1 to change players worked same as always. Didn't really have a chance to dig too deep into the controls

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Any luck with trying to control the goalkeeper, or dropping the ball when he catches it for a short kick pass out? I think it was possible in the last few ones in assisted/semi assisted but once you switched to unassisted the ability is taken away, which is ironic since it's meant to be a more manual game.

cormie wrote: »
    Any luck with trying to control the goalkeeper, or dropping the ball when he catches it for a short kick pass out? I think it was possible in the last few ones in assisted/semi assisted but once you switched to unassisted the ability is taken away, which is ironic since it's meant to be a more manual game.

I did notice you can cancel throw outs. If you press X to throw it to a defender then spot a striker lurking around tap X again quickly and the keeper will dummy throw it and catch it again.

Not much else, need to check out the demo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Looks very good. Player animations are very realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone got a list of licensed teams, particular International teams.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Anyone got a list of licensed teams, particular International teams.

The haven't confirmed all the teams yet but so far we know there will be Ligue 1 , La Liga, all Serie A teams, Eerdivisie, Argentinian Premier League, Chilean Premier League, all Brazilian Premier teams. Also they'll have Man Utd, Bayern Munich, Scalke 04, Celtic and Galatasaray. I don't remeber seeing any others so far but there should be most of the teams for the Europa League, Champions League, Asian Champions League, Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana.

As for the international teams I've only seen Germany, Spain, Italy and France so far but Konami have been on quite a push with international teams for the last few years so hopefully there should be a fairly big selection.

some gifs of animations/ graphics

ib0DZREepusXpQ.gif

iJp40Ur1XxKif.gif

ibgbr6hfpfSn3a.gif

iixYrYxYvyPlY.gif

iJE3LxMrDcG7E.gif

They look much better than Fifa 14 does on current gen. Going to wait for reviews/demo of PES before making decision over which to get.

It looks similar to the current one imho. But PES was always like that, not massive changes, but as long as they're heading in the right direction and the gameplay is there, that's the most important thing.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    It looks similar to the current one imho. But PES was always like that, not massive changes, but as long as they're heading in the right direction and the gameplay is there, that's the most important thing.

Considering they rebuilt the entire game from the ground up it is fair to say that they have made their fair share of changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

FIFA just has more bang for its buck, and that's coming from a guy who jumped ship in July, picked up FIFA in England and haven't looked back.

Is the pes demo out?

Stream here:

http://www.twitch.tv/thelastninjacow

Looks amazing. Day one purchase for me. Fifa can go stuff himself for this year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Demo is up and live :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Demo is up and live :)

sweet! any feedback from users here?
    I jumped ship to FIFA over the past 3 or 4 years but felt last years PES was gaining ground.
    The look of it this year looks very promising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

On the basis of playing Fifa 2014 (demo) , if PES 2014 can't finally beat or at least equal Fifa's lazy attempt this year, then Konami should either fire the team behind PES and get in more European Centeric designers , or simply give up.

There should be no excuses , they really have a chance to really shut down the gap and get Fifa worried for the next 2-3 installments.

I really love how players AI behave on the pitch, something recent FIFAs have been sorely missing.

Graphics are kind of a mixed bag: lighting, animations, some players' faces and movements are amazing in comparison to FIFAs robotic players.

Some other faces, cloth physics and IQ sometimes need more work. Overall though it really looks good. Framerate during cutscenes is horrible, but should be ironed out come full release next week.

Its not better than FIFA this year, both similar in terms of quality, but it just seems more fun than fifa and a hell of alot more realistic. The player animations are a sight to behold, so fluid and realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Anyone know what's the ball physics and shooting like?
    appartently a lot of work has gone into the sound too?

• Advertisement

Its not out on Xbox yet so it seems :(

Advertisement