Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Out in the US only today... UK tomorrow it seems.
    dang!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Well, the woodwork is an absolute magnet for my shots at the moment.

So far, in 7 games, I've managed to:

hit the post from inside the box X3
    hit the crossbar from a freekick on the edge of the box
    hit the post from outside the box
    hit the post from a penalty
    hit the post from a 40 yard drive

The only other issue I have is that it doesn't switch players fast enough, although I'd imagine I can change the settings to manual rather than auto assist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Well, the woodwork is an absolute magnet for my shots at the moment.

So far, in 7 games, I've managed to:

hit the post from inside the box X3
    hit the crossbar from a freekick on the edge of the box
    hit the post from outside the box
    hit the post from a penalty
    hit the post from a 40 yard drive

Were you playing as last season's Liverpool FC ?

Tinie wrote: »
    I really love how players AI behave on the pitch, something recent FIFAs have been sorely missing.

Graphics are kind of a mixed bag: lighting, animations, some players' faces and movements are amazing in comparison to FIFAs robotic players.

Some other faces, cloth physics and IQ sometimes need more work. Overall though it really looks good. Framerate during cutscenes is horrible, but should be ironed out come full release next week.

Its not better than FIFA this year, both similar in terms of quality, but it just seems more fun than fifa and a hell of alot more realistic. The player animations are a sight to behold, so fluid and realistic.

Comparing the PES 12 to Fifa 2012, without doubt Fifa 12 was very good (and outstanding for someone who had left the Fifa love in for 3 years). Fifa kind of looked better, but, I felt way more enjoyment out of PES 12 over Fifa 2012, and despite the crappy shooting problems.

Pes that that something.

Seriously though, it must bet Fifa this year. New Fifa is going to sell shed loads without making much effort (assume all will be thrown in for 2015)

Were you playing as last season's Liverpool FC ?

:pac:

Mix of France, Germany, Bayern and Italy.

• Advertisement

It's available now actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Played it for a few minutes, massive improvement on prior years

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Played it today, seems fantastic and getting back to the good old days. Really enjoying the fluidity of play. And it seems to be a woodwork fest for me now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Don't see it on xbox live :/

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Don't see it on xbox live :/

Games -> Browse Games -> Demos -> A-Z -> P -> Bout the 6th one down the list

• Advertisement

It's good. It's v good. A lot of things seem weird but its playing a lot nicer than FIFA or pes13.
    Some moments seem jerky and the ball has a life of its own at times.
    Twice I've seen the keeper stranded at a deflected save and I've just walked it in.
    Hopefully some cleaning up before final release and it'll beat FIFA hands down for gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

anyone got a link to the PC demo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Not impressed, just feels lifeless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

pes last year was a waist of money, traded it in after 6 days.....

I enjoy the single player mode, and playing it on pes is like pulling teeth!

If it is much improved i might get it. Fifa is the same every year!

what is the A.I like in it?

Okay, played PES demo. Really flowing. FIFA beats PES on some of the graphics here, but, meh, that is not that important. There are some differences but you could get over it.

Again, PES seems to bring a smile on my face playing it. THere is a lot of concentration needed to play - which is great. It is not based on arcade crazy runs. Work has to be put into breaking down a team. I like the shooting (FIFA seem to have improved that too) The tackling is very good and being able to brush off a defender is very good. The touch of the ball at speed is very exciting

Going to give PES another go this year, solely because FIFA 14 does not provide enough new things and haven't played PES since 2012, which I liked. (happily take FIFA of course if given as a present)

Okay, played PES demo. Really flowing. FIFA bets PES on some of the graphics here, but, meh, that is not that important. There are some differences but you could get over it.

Again, PES seems to bring a smile on my face playing it. THere is a lot of concentration needed to play - which is great. It is not based on arcade crazy runs. Work has to be put into breaking down a team. I like the shooting (FIFA seem to have improved that too) The tackling is very good and being able to brush off a defender is very good. The touch of the ball at speed is very exciting

Going to give PES another go this year, solely because FIFA 14 does not provide enough new things and haven't played PES since 2012, which I liked. (happily take FIFA of course if given as a present)

What is the A.I like?.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

deadeye187 wrote: »

Very good. They are more aggressive than fifa and pes of yesteryear, but are more realistic. Playing on the high difficulties is very hard, as they are so difficult to break down, but not in a cheap way. They double up in cover, track runners, slide tackle to block shots, and are unpredictable at times going forward.

Goalkeepers need a bit of work as they are hit and miss at times, but I guess that is sort of realistic as keeps can make mistakes in real life also.

Tinie wrote: »
    Very good. They are more aggressive than fifa and pes of yesteryear, but are more realistic. Playing on the high difficulties is very hard, as they are so difficult to break down, but not in a cheap way. They double up in cover, track runners, slide tackle to block shots, and are unpredictable at times going forward.

Goalkeepers need a bit of work as they are hit and miss at times, but I guess that is sort of realistic as keeps can make mistakes in real life also.

This sounds good so, playing in the single player mode was painful

Just after playing both demos...

Pes feels much better and it plays nice......

Fifa feels the same as always, nothing new in it i can see.

I have picked fifa for the last 4 years, all tho i tried pes last year, I found it head numbing!

I`ll have to really wait and see what the A.I is like in both games in single player career mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I've played both to.

I prefer PES this year. Playing this years PES reminded me of playing Fifa 08 and PES 2008 when i felt the balance of power was about to shift.

In Fifa every player turns slower than a Bus.

• Advertisement

deadeye187 wrote: »

To be honest, I think of think both FIFA and PES, on attacking, is very good. Lots of over lapping by the wing back.

I haven't played both too much. I would not want to rely too much on demo's. Personally, I really only judge that once I start playing Become a Legend or Be a Pro (with the be a pro/BAL camera). Also, I would never ever confess to being a great gamer

I can definitely confirm however, that the AI for both games, is better than their more recent editions.

To be honest, I think of think both FIFA and PES, on attacking, is very good. Lots of over lapping by the wing back.

I haven't played both too much. I would not want to rely too much on demo's. Personally, I really only judge that once I start playing Become a Legend or Be a Pro (with the be a pro/BAL camera). Also, I would never ever confess to being a great gamer

I can definitely confirm however, that the AI for both games, is better than their more recent editions.

I love the legend/pro and A.I must improve in pes....they were crap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just played a few matches there.

It's fantastic!
    Player movement and overall match speed is perfect.
    And the graphics.. By far the best looking Pes to date.

Also make sure to pick the Konami stadium and not Bayern's. Most of Bayern's stadium is covered in shadow.. Which doesn't really show off how pretty everything looks.

Its good, but the players feel like there are on rails, when you put a ball over the top they seem to run right down the middle and stay on the line when they started the run...good game. plays better than fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Surprised after my first playing of it last night. Felt more clunky then I thought it would be. I am already sure its an improvement on last year's PES but something isn't quite working for me with the dribbling. The slow dribbling seems almost useless as you are barely moving at all and I have yet to trick a defender by being simply quicker with my touch.

I also have to get used to this defending with the double tap to tackle which I think makes it more skillful.

Sliding tackles, when pulled off are absolutely class though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Really impressed with the demo tonight. The animations are really amazing, certainly the best looking player models in any football game. The passing felt just right, allowing for some great build-up play.

I think the shooting will take some getting used to but that is always the case with a new PES.

Same old woeful commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

Played quite a few games now and I'm really liking it. Wasn't too sure for the first couple of games but the more I play the more it grows on me. There's still some problems that need sorting out, hopefully they'll be sorted out with some post launch patches.

Goalkeepers are still pants.

I thought the transfers had been updated on the demo and Fellaini was with United but I was wrong - it was Rafael :P

BT_VhkOIEAAJ8tA.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

^ Those faces will be changed soon after release with a DLC download.

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/what-faces-would-you-like-added-to-pes2014-after-release/?utm_source=network2&utm_medium=widget&utm_campaign=popular
    As Konami European Community Manager, Adam Bhatti has stated, Konami will be adding hundreds of faces post launch to Pro Evolution Soccer 2014.

This alone is great news for those calling for more DLC from Konami to keep the game fresh.

We want to gather some feedback to give to him and the team in Windsor. Head to the forums to let us know who you want to have a proper face in PES 2014 for a chance to be added in the game at a later date! Adam has also said that him and the team are aiming to have up to 1000 proper faces in the game within 2 months of launch.

Advertisement