Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I think last year was the first year I didn't get Pro Evo in ages,went with Fifa,not because I thought it had superior gameplay or anything,just because I liked the variety of modes you could chose from.Although after a year of playing it the only thing I enjoy now is clubs.
    So have Pro introduced any new modes or anything? I know they had online master league but I never really enjoyed that.

League mode is back, which is a big thing for me. It was inexplicably removed last year, and as a result I didn't play the game a whole lot.
    Whopper week coming up. PES 2014 and GTA V. Real life, goodbye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Edited kits starting to take shape already, and the game isn't even released officially yet!

qzNEzq8m.jpg

vFGtZEkm.jpg

ZqRGdmzm.jpg

aqQBij5m.jpg

MuW4vQqm.jpg

XdMWI5em.jpg

https://twitter.com/gtmpesworld

Hes making them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

And so if ye get this on the xbox 360 will ye be able to download the inevitable option file with all the kits etc?

Or is that only on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

There will be separate xbox and ps3 option files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Reading the WE Blog forums is confusing me, a lot of people are complaining that there are a load of generic faces of players who have previously been done. Is it true or is it a load of BS?
    Really don`t like reading about the Day 1 patch either. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

First time poster on these gaming forums. Just to put into perspective, I loved pro evo from the PS2 days, me and the lads had some serious games/tournaments on the PS2. When the xbox 360 came in, pro was horrific I thought so I changed to FIFA and in fairness it was very good and the choice of teams was excellent.

Never had as much fun on it though as with the old pro evo's but i didn't touch pro evo til PES 2011 again. Although it improved, it had nothing on FIFA 11. PES 2012 was awful so avoided that and then I got both FIFA and PES 2013 last year and really started to enjoy Pro Evo again, even if the goalkeepers were retarded and through balls were way too good.

Now on to the demos. FIFA 14 demo, as said by many, is nothing special at all. I actually think it's slower than FIFA 13. PES 2014 on the other hand......I'm really starting to like it! I've played about 20 games with my friends on it and the more you play, the more you get used to it. Yes there's still some kinks to be made but they're heading in the right direction. Scored some crackers yesterday (van persie style flying scissors kick with Marchisio outside the box among my best :D ) and the new combination play tactic is excellent when utilised correctly. One thing that bugs me though is some of the player faces are awful and considering they were so excellent in PES 2013, why change? Ok yes it's a new engine but still!

Anyway, I'll be buying it this Friday (may even order on Amazon with Parcel Motel after the GTA V debacle and it also works out at 44 euro including delivery).

FIFA can take a hike :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Colemania wrote: »
    Now on to the demos. FIFA 14 demo, as said by many, is nothing special at all. I actually think it's slower than FIFA 13. PES 2014 on the other hand......I'm really starting to like it! I've played about 20 games with my friends on it and the more you play, the more you get used to it. Yes there's still some kinks to be made but they're heading in the right direction. Scored some crackers yesterday (van persie style flying scissors kick with Marchisio outside the box among my best :D ) and the new combination play tactic is excellent when utilised correctly. One thing that bugs me though is some of the player faces are awful and considering they were so excellent in PES 2013, why change? Ok yes it's a new engine but still!

Yes I was lukewarm to the pes demo at first. Joked to my friend that maybe I was the problem, and not the game... anyway had a couple joints last night came home and played it... holy **** it is good. Once you get the 'feel' for it, it's just great. I also stuck on the full manual passing. As you said, I started scoring some crackers, volley from swhwienstagger, stupidly intricate dribbles with Ozil.

****ing great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

GTR63 wrote: »
    Reading the WE Blog forums is confusing me, a lot of people are complaining that there are a load of generic faces of players who have previously been done. Is it true or is it a load of BS?
    Really don`t like reading about the Day 1 patch either. :(

Yes it is true, Konami have changed how faces are built in the game with the new engine. Because of this they can't use any of the old faces and have to build them all from scratch. They've already said though that they'll add around a 1000 faces in the next few months so that should help and also a lot of them will be sorted out in the OFs any way. As for th day 1 patch, yes they're annoying but they're pretty much a given for any new game coming out these days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

League mode is back, which is a big thing for me. It was inexplicably removed last year, and as a result I didn't play the game a whole lot.
    Whopper week coming up. PES 2014 and GTA V. Real life, goodbye.

Just League mode,was hoping they'd add some sort of version of clubs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

EdenHazard wrote: »
    But its not, its terrible. I was a PES fanboy, but its just not good anymore. FIFA14 might be **** but fifa13 is the best football sim ever.

Oh lord, Fifa 12 felt better than Fifa 13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Just League mode,was hoping they'd add some sort of version of clubs.

Well, for me, the main way I play PES is with a couple of mates doing a Champions League or World Cup. When I play solo I mainly play League mode, so for me the return of that mode is very welcome.
    The game modes in PES 2014 are listed here:

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-2014-mode-list-revealed/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Really enjoyed the demo. The need to build up play for teams sitting deep is great. Hitting a counter counter attack and scoring at the end is very satisfying. Keepers, as I've already eluded to are still pants. They pull of spectacular finger tip saves but let in the simplest of shots, or even miss saves altogether. Same for the recent games, but I'd hope they can touch up that before release.

The only issue stopping me from buying it is GTA. Can't really see myself playing anything else until the PS4 is released, and if I have a footie sim itch, the current PES can scratch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Owned every version of PES up to and including 2011, then got FIFA 11 as well and have continued it exclusively since.

After playing the demos (on PS3), I have been enjoying PES more of the two. Though is it just me or is everything outside of the gameplay really jittery? For example when the teams walk out, or there is an instant reply the graphics seem to jump and/or lag quite a lot?

Perhaps it will be smoother in the finished game? Was it the same for last year's demo, a few graphical issues that were sorted out by release?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Not interested in getting involved in the PES/FIFA debate, I have no loyalties to either game. I played Pro Evo for years, then moved onto FIFA because it was better. I've been hoping for years that Pro Evo would get their act together and bring a game out so I could play two top football games. I read all the positive reactions it's gotten in this thread and gave it a whirl on my xbox, I liked it. The only things that really bothered me were, the game was very jittery on my xbox, as in, it looked kind of laggy, when the match was playing it was fine, but when there were replays or when the players walked out on the pitch it became very noticeable and this doesn't happen on FIFA for me, did anybody else experience that? Also, keepers aren't great at all. In fact, they're terrible. One thing I always loved about PES (at least the early versions), you could score so many different types of goals from different angles and with different techniques, in ways you couldn't on FIFA, and this seems to still be the case but I scored (and conceded) some absolutely ridiculous goals. Like plain shoots nearly straight at the keeper and he flapped at it or palmed it into the net when he should have been in a position to get a strong hand to it.

I guess at this stage it's too much to hope that the goalkeeping will be changed, hopefully they addressed the very noticeable lag at least, this could be a great game. Will decide in the next few days if I want to get it or not, just got Payday2 for PC and GTA for xbox, and FIFA's only around the corner... I'm leaning towards getting it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Anyone know when it's due to be released on PC?

cormie wrote: »
    Anyone know when it's due to be released on PC?
    I would have thought on the same day as console. According to Gamestop, it's the 20th of September, link here - http://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=6&rootGenre=21

According to the PES wiki it's out on the 19th though, not the 20th. Anybody got any good places online to order an electric version? Just download it straight to steam if possible.

I would have thought on the same day as console. According to Gamestop, it's the 20th of September, link here - http://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=6&rootGenre=21

According to the PES wiki it's out on the 19th though, not the 20th. Anybody got any good places online to order an electric version? Just download it straight to steam if possible.

Konami have said it should be on Steam on release day but no sign of it yet. The only thing about getting it on Steam is that I don't know if all of the OFs will work with that version. I preordered a disc copy from gamestop as I couldn't find a digital copy anywhere. Also the 19th is the EU release date while the 20th is for the UK and here.

Elro wrote: »
    Konami have said it should be on Steam on release day but no sign of it yet. The only thing about getting it on Steam is that I don't know if all of the OFs will work with that version. I preordered a disc copy from gamestop as I couldn't find a digital copy anywhere. Also the 19th is the EU release date while the 20th is for the UK and here.
    I would prefer to download from somewhere online like steam but no sign of it on g2play or steam yet which is disappointing. There doesn't seem to be that much hype around it for some reason. Also, if it's launched on steam, chances are it will be €10 or €15 more expensive too.... so may as well just get it at gamestop.

Also, is it just me or is less than €25, even for pc, extremely cheap? Great to see (Gamestop price).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

AH that's cool it's out on the 20th for pc too :) Thanks, by the way forgot to mention that somebody already mentioned about the choppy entrance scenes etc so it aint just you :)

I would prefer to download from somewhere online like steam but no sign of it on g2play or steam yet which is disappointing. There doesn't seem to be that much hype around it for some reason. Also, if it's launched on steam, chances are it will be €10 or €15 more expensive too.... so may as well just get it at gamestop.

Also, is it just me or is less than €25, even for pc, extremely cheap? Great to see (Gamestop price).

It is very cheap, maybe they're trying to persuade people who are undecided by being a lot cheaper than FIFA.

• Advertisement

Some more screenshots. very excited for this game.

ff23hdUl.jpg

HiP00tsl.jpg

HRPvLsNl.jpg

F0tBKKal.jpg

S4XOQM7l.jpg

EPbbSXPl.jpg

ml9D9ull.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

cormie wrote: »
    AH that's cool it's out on the 20th for pc too :) Thanks, by the way forgot to mention that somebody already mentioned about the choppy entrance scenes etc so it aint just you :)

Yeah, I'd say those choppy animation are going to stay which is a shame. But We'll see. I have a good feeling it won't happen on the PC though, I was planning on getting it on PC anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Reviews are coming in, you can tell very quickly if the reviewer knows about the game. Any reviews under 6 all mention that Konami need to go back and rebuild the game as it is the same as last year (as in they don't know they did rebuild it !). Others complain it is a simulation and lacks the fun that it should have.

Others then that know what they are talking about like Eurogamer gave it 9/10!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Right. Been playing one series or the other for years but anyway. I think I'll be picking up PES this year (PES 6) was probably my last PES.

Couple of questions...

1. PES 2014 for PS3/360 releases tomorrow the 19th ?
    2. Which platform should I go for ? 360 or PS3 ? Would edited option files be easier to use on PS3 ?

Cheers in advance :)

First reviews going up:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-18-pes-2014-review

PES 2014 is a methodical sports game with deep systems that reward practice and experimentation; the sort of game that will appeal to people who read Zonal Marking rather than Sun Sport. It's never going to beat FIFA for glitz and polish - charms that are no less valid when it comes to how you invest your leisure time - but PES has the potential to become a very deep obsession, where even a 4-0 drubbing has meaning.

9/10

:D

Same score from Videogamer and an 8.4 from IGN is good, considering they usually nuthug EA.

A 6/10 from gamespot is a joke, as they seem to forget the game isn't arcadey like FIFA, going by what they said here:

PES 2014 moves ever closer towards simulation, and in doing so forgets exactly what makes the series so different and so much fun in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I did see a comment about the Gamespot review that said the game was sexist because only men play on the team. Made me chuckle in the current storm re their GTA V review.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So who's getting this Friday? I'm tempted too, I've not played the demo but tempted to take a chance on pes this year, have no interest in fifa this year.

So who's getting this Friday? I'm tempted too, I've not played the demo but tempted to take a chance on pes this year, have no interest in fifa this year.
    Chances are I'll get it. I want to get it for PC. I'd love to get a copy of it digitally cause I'm lazyAF but I can't seem to find any online so I'll probably end up getting it at gamestop for €25, which is very reasonable. I assume it will be easier to get kits and that for PC also, another reason I'm going for PC over console.

brianon wrote: »
    Right. Been playing one series or the other for years but anyway. I think I'll be picking up PES this year (PES 6) was probably my last PES.

Couple of questions...

1. PES 2014 for PS3/360 releases tomorrow the 19th ?
    2. Which platform should I go for ? 360 or PS3 ? Would edited option files be easier to use on PS3 ?

Cheers in advance :)

1. The release is on Friday (20th).

2. I suggest PC if you can as it'll have the best option files and mods. If you can't then I'm not entirely sure. I know PS3 used to be much better than 360 in terms of option file quality and quantity but I don't know if that's still the case. As for installation PS3 is probably a bit easier but there are loads of online so guides so you shouldn't have any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I bet they're pissed off they chose the same week as GTA to release the game. Isn't it normally october? I normally get it on release day, but will probably wait a bit now because of GTA.

Advertisement