Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I can't believe I won't be buying it this year, after getting it at midnight for the past 6 years or so.

I'm actually amazed, how PES fans can like it to be honest. I could understand how you'd think it's a good game if you're coming from Fifa, but for me anyway PES2013 was by far the best in many years, and it just needed a few tweaks to make it spot on.

It's a huge step back in my opinion. The demo was to me, unfathomably bad. The R3, off the ball player select being messed with, is the nail in the coffin regarding my choice. That was how you could defend properly, against very good players, so making it so clunky to implement is criminal.

I like to play a tiki-taka style game, and I'm pretty decent at the game (740 rating on MLO), but I found the button lag, and lack of close control was atrocious, and didn't allow me to play how I want.

I'll continue playing PES2013, until they find their way again. So very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy it will be? Somehow I doubt Xtra Vision will repeat their policy of giving €30 for the previous years PES.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

daRobot wrote: »
    I can't believe I won't be buying it this year, after getting it at midnight for the past 6 years or so.

I'm actually amazed, how PES fans can like it to be honest. I could understand how you'd think it's a good game if you're coming from Fifa, but for me anyway PES2013 was by far the best in many years, and it just needed a few tweaks to make it spot on.

It's a huge step back in my opinion. The demo was to me, unfathomably bad. The R3, off the ball player select being messed with, is the nail in the coffin regarding my choice. That was how you could defend properly, against very good players, so making it so clunky to implement is criminal.

I like to play a tiki-taka style game, and I'm pretty decent at the game (740 rating on MLO), but I found the button lag, and lack of close control was atrocious, and didn't allow me to play how I want.

I'll continue playing PES2013, until they find their way again. So very disappointing.
    90% of people talking about this game disagree with you. They cant please everyone though of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

€25 on PC in gamestop. Very good deal I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

Got my copy this morning haven't had a chance to play many games so far but am loving the ones I have played. The cut scene and menu slowdown are gone from the demo at least on the PC version anyway.

• Advertisement

Elro wrote: »
    Got my copy this morning haven't had a chance to play many games so far but am loving the ones I have played. The cut scene and menu slowdown are gone from the demo at least on the PC version anyway.

where did you get it as gamestop aren't selling until tomorrow.

Tinie wrote: »

I preoredred it from Gamestop online with express delivery, they sent it out yesterday evening and it arrived first thing this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Totally disagree.Much improved on last year

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Just scored this goal on my Xbox, apologies for the fuzzyness and crap quality, I recorded it with my iphone.

This is honestly a typical goal you can score, keepers are really very poor in this game, IMO. I like the game but this is a serious drawback. Realistically, when should a keeper ever be beaten like this at his near post? Fair enough if it was drilled or something, I could maybe understand that. For some reason, keepers in this game seem to make these weird token gestures or palms to save the ball instead of getting a proper hand to the ball. Opinions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJitqIJrPe0&hd=1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

wow yea I've seen a couple of bad ones.

What about on higher difficulties? Is there a chance they will make them tougher with an xbox live update (for xbox obviously)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I seen it on the shelf in Gamestop today next to GTA V, looked like it was on sale tbh. Why didn`t they delay the release to avoid that game. Doubt i`d have to line up for a copy of PES. :(

Tempted to pick it up tomorrow

Yes keepers are definitely a problem at the moment they seem to swing between being making some of the best saves I've ever seen and essentially not being there. I haven't installed the 1.01 update yet so I'm not sure if that'll help or not. Fortunately, for the PC version at least it will get fixed in the end either with an official patch or a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

90% of people talking about this game disagree with you. They cant please everyone though of course.

You state it so definitely, it's a bit laughable. 90% of who exactly? Have a look at pesfan, or wenb and you'll find that there's a huge percentage of folk with a similar opinion to mine.

Anyway, if that's the type of game that suits you, more power to you. Last years was spot on for me, and I'll continue to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Can anyone confirm if you can now switch clubs in Master League? I think I heard it at one point during development.

Can anyone confirm if you can now switch clubs in Master League? I think I heard it at one point during development.

Yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Elro wrote: »
    Yes you can.
    So how is it?

Does it run smoothly on PC or do you see that kind of laggyness when there are replays and such? I'm planning on getting it tomorrow in Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You state it so definitely, it's a bit laughable. 90% of who exactly? Have a look at pesfan, or wenb and you'll find that there's a huge percentage of folk with a similar opinion to mine.

Anyway, if that's the type of game that suits you, more power to you. Last years was spot on for me, and I'll continue to enjoy it.

It's just most of us that have played for years feel the ever since pes 6 it has lost it's way. Last year was ok but far from good. In fact the last good version was on ps2 this generation has been a write off.

This year is a huge step forward for the series and brings it back in line with it's original football sim mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Is this out today?

It's just most of us that have played for years feel the ever since pes 6 it has lost it's way. Last year was ok but far from good. In fact the last good version was on ps2 this generation has been a write off.

I would not say the whole generation has been a write off. PES6 was on the Xbox 360 and that was an excellent game. The next few years were poor though. I'm very hopeful for 2014 after playing the demo.

Still waiting for a game as good as PES 5.
    Is this out today?

It is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Any prices lads.
    €50 in Gamestop & the same on Smyths website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Ya just picked it up. 50 quid in xtravison. Had credit on my account so not so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

€49.99 in both Gamestop and Xtra Vision. But Xtra Vision are offering €14 on trade in for 2013 while GameStop are offering a massive €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

People posting on other sites that when you download the data pack it changes the speed of the game, game becomes to fast and not as good as demo, i hope this is'nt true, was hoping on buying this game later, but if the early feed back is bad i might hold off till fifa

So how is it?

Does it run smoothly on PC or do you see that kind of laggyness when there are replays and such? I'm planning on getting it tomorrow in Gamestop.

Runs perfectly, still a small framerate drop in the cutscenes compared to in game (60 to 45 fps) but that's probably more to do with my PC than the game. All the menus and formation screen have no lag now.
    ziggyman17 wrote: »
    People posting on other sites that when you download the data pack it changes the speed of the game, game becomes to fast and not as good as demo, i hope this is'nt true, was hoping on buying this game later, but if the early feed back is bad i might hold off till fifa

Haven't tried the data pack yet so this might be true, but I will say that if Konami released a data pack that only contained a few team kits a lot of people on those forums would still claim that it changed the gameplay and ruined the game.

ziggyman17 wrote: »

Is there not a game speed option in the menu? I wonder if it has just set the default to a higher speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The ign review sounds promising

Does anyone know if the game launched with 2v2 online mode? Or will it be patched in later?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭mada999

anyone know where to buy this for PC (bricks and mortar) and what the best deal is ?

Can it be legitimately downloaded online ? don't see it on steam

mada999 wrote: »
    anyone know where to buy this for PC (bricks and mortar) and what the best deal is ?

Can it be legitimately downloaded online ? don't see it on steam

Gamestop for €25. Not up on steam (yet).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭mada999

cheers :)

Advertisement