Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

brophs wrote: »
    €49.99 in both Gamestop and Xtra Vision. But Xtra Vision are offering €14 on trade in for 2013 while GameStop are offering a massive €2.

Where did you see this offer in Xtra Vision? If they are giving €14 that'll be too much to resist, was already thinking about it at €50 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

He means they're offering 14 on the trade in, so 50-14

Yeah I know thats what he means but I don't see any mention of it on Xtra Vision site or anywhere else. Don't want to make a trip in and find the offers not on.

Yeah I know thats what he means but I don't see any mention of it on Xtra Vision site or anywhere else. Don't want to make a trip in and find the offers not on.

Ah I see. Its not an offer, I'd say that's just what is in their system for he trade in value. Xtravision have given me great deals like that in the past

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Cienciano wrote: »
    I bet they're pissed off they chose the same week as GTA to release the game. Isn't it normally october? I normally get it on release day, but will probably wait a bit now because of GTA.

Just got it in HMV in Henry Street. They said that sales are a lot slower than expected, and they only got in a small order (plenty to go around) Early days of course

Well, considering the obvious, that GTA is out, Money is tight, people will focus on GTA ,and of course people will never touch PES and look to FIFA , no matter what , what could you expect?

Also, has anyone notice the complete lack of advertisement etc on both Play Station Store and HMV / Gamestop compared to the unavoidable coverage for FIFA ? (I know the websites were talking about PES), what could you expect?Konami seem not to care about Europe at all.

Any who, can't see either FIFA or PES (no matter how good either of them are) beating GTA in sales/chart position.

All that matter is whether the gamer gets longevity (crucial) and satisfaction from the game. Sod what others think

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Ah I see. Its not an offer, I'd say that's just what is in their system for he trade in value. Xtravision have given me great deals like that in the past

Ah Cheers Pudsy. I think I'll go in and see what I can get for it so. Eager to give it a go after reading Eurogamers review.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Not too impressed so far. Keeper palmed a shot hit straight at him into the net (Packie Bonner USA94 style). Then proceeded to make some sensational stops. I just don't feel as in control as I did with last years version. Waiting times are long. Menus are poor, who chose the colour scheme on the tactics page?! I think this is a step back. Maybe I just need to get used to it but not too happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

With regards trading in last years games (FIFA and PES), Xtravision were doing a deal up til a 2 weeks ago where you could trade in 2 games and get a new release for 4.99 or something and both fifa and pro evo 13 were on it. Sickened when they pulled the deal without notice but anyway, I traded both FIFA and PES 2013 into CEX for 15 euro cash each! As one poster said, gamestop were only giving 2 or 3 euro for each. For anyone who doesn't know what CEX is, it's a trade in store in most of the big cities in Ireland. Great store i must say.

So ya......PES 2014. Was gonna get it today but think i'll take my time. I heard the data pack isn't working at all, the servers are down and it's just in a bit of a mess at the moment. I'll definitely be buying it but with GTA V barely played yet, i'll take my time getting this one...

Can anyone tell me if its possible to play 2 vs 2 online? As in me and my mate, not on the same console, vs two randomers?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Can anyone tell me if its possible to play 2 vs 2 online? As in me and my mate, not on the same console, vs two randomers?

Yep,, can do this now on fifa 14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm downloading the data pack update but it is taking ages. An hour in and only 52%.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

Want to find the answer to this too. Also is it possible to play 2 player online co-op against the cpu in a cup/league/master league?

Cheers

Is the data pack supposed to update the teams? Mine isn't implemented.

1qTour wrote: »
    Want to find the answer to this too. Also is it possible to play 2 player online co-op against the cpu in a cup/league/master league?

Cheers

I've been trying to find this out myself. I can't see the option for 2v2 online.

Is there an option file out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

The data pack over and a half to download for me, then when it installed it said something like "data pack damaged", so it didn't work. Even after the 1.01 patch, the keepers are a joke on this.

Played an exhibition match on Top Player (Barca vs. Real) finished 5-4 to me (Barca). I had 5 shots on target, Real had 4 on target. Pretty much 90% of shots on target that I've seen from the evening's play hit the back of the net, whether they're screamers or the ball casually rolling by as the keeper looks bewildered at what to do.

Massive disappointment :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

I know that stadium editor is gone, but, will the people who make the option files be able to create the clubs stadiums like last the last pes? Playing in Konami stadium for every game is tough going

One thing is for sure, this aint a game for pace whores !!! you really really really have to really focus playing this. Challenging

The date package seems to work fine.

Maybe it me being crap at playing but the heart mechanics really do work, if you are playing for a crappy team it's hard to pick up the tempo an get going.pretty realistic.there will be no hammering of teams in this edition! Pretty realistically game, you have very little space and moment as the opposition press.

I pays to practice on th controls !

The presentation and commentary of the games does.suck! But maybe with experience.the gameplay will be.rewarding.definitely different to the other PES games , not.sure if that is good or bad .Definitely smoother game.

The AI for teammate and opponents is still annoying but since you might be playing for a crappy team tha might be realistic.

I normally play BAL with a player camera.this year's camera is very close, making life a hell of a lot harder as the camera is more closer than say Pes 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Man I am failing the training sections over & over again. :o
    I know I am very rusty but the written instructions are TERRIBLE & that save 2/3 peno one is just down to Luck nothing more. :mad:

The lack of likenesses at launch is fairly poor but Joe Allen`s face is done.....

GTR63 wrote: »
    Man I am failing the training sections over & over again. :o
    I know I am very rusty but the written instructions are TERRIBLE & that save 2/3 peno one is just down to Luck nothing more. :mad:

The lack of likenesses at launch is fairly poor but Joe Allen`s face is done.....

Yes, I got to one of the 4th tier training challenges and I'm doing what it asks and it keeps failing me, it's absolute rubbish.

I'm tempted to sell this to be honest, it's such a poor show from Konami. Why bother fixing the game if you're not got to fix all of it?

Seriously, the longest generation ever and they've yet to release anything approaching the quality of PES 3, 5, 6.

Just played another game there, 9 shots on target, 9 goals, the keepers couldn't catch a cold on this.

How on earth did they not at some point during testing stop and think "unless you kick the ball in a straight line at the goalkeeper, the ball will end up in the back of the net"?

Frankly I'm raging I've given Konami the day one asking price for something that clearlyisn't finished, it's been sold tomorrow and the PES name is now a poison brand to me :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else find the game laggy and with long load times?

Anyone else find the game laggy and with long load times?

I'm on PS3 and load times are okay. I've installed it. The option is in the settings.

As for lag, the game is unplayable online right now. It's a disgrace.

I haven't experienced any of the issue with the keepers after 10 or so games. My only complaint is its bloody hard!

I've only got to play 2 games. I've hit the crossbar 8 times. 8 times in 2 games. Surely that can't be right?

Goalkeepers do seem crap, I'm sure that's something they will address pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'm on PS3 and load times are okay. I've installed it. The option is in the settings.

As for lag, the game is unplayable online right now. It's a disgrace.

That's pretty much why I got FIFA last year. PES has always been woeful online

Cienciano wrote: »
    That's pretty much why I got FIFA last year. PES has always been woeful online

How is FIFA online? The last FIFA I played was FIFA '95 on the Mega Drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Have the PC version myself, I assume if you want to download the datapack, you go to options, then data pack details?

When I click that, it says "no content available".

Data pack status is "unimplemented" under the data version tab. How can I implement it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Have the PC version myself, I assume if you want to download the datapack, you go to options, then data pack details?

When I click that, it says "no content available".

Data pack status is "unimplemented" under the data version tab. How can I implement it?
    get the 1.01 update (google it or try pes-patch.com) then on the main menu there is a new statistics option above the options button.

click into it and follow the instructions for updated data pack

Thanks, got it installed.

Anybody got any recommendations for reliable stuff to download to improve the game experience? Probably more concerned with getting updated squads than anything else. I'd like kits too but I'd imagine they're not all done yet.

• Advertisement

Seems like Pesedit may be one of the better options? Maybe some more experienced PC PES fans could fill me in. Apparently, they're releasing a mod later today with transfers and kits. Link here - http://pesedit.com/forums/showthread.php?18284-PESEdit-com-2014-Patch-0-1-Coming-Soon!&p=282572&viewfull=1#post282572

Advertisement