Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Rental for Tri

Options
  • 30-05-2013 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi, havent done aTri yet but thinking about doing some later in the summer. Problem is I dont have a bike (have a shopping list to get through before ill have money for a bike). Have a Tri wetsuit
    Is it worthwhile renting one for individual events? Do some of the bigger events have bike hire at them? What standard of bikes would be available?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If you are serious about tri then a bike is the most important thing on your shopping list. Have a look at second hand or see if you can get it on bike to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

You'll need a bike for bike training... forget about renting a bike for the day, just buy whatever you can afford and train with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

These are great they even have a basket for your elbows to get into that aero position!:D

dublin-bikes2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I do like the idea of the fixed mudguards for group spins in the rain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

saw a lady do sea to summit last year on something very similar !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

i looked into this earlier in the year.
    some bike shops will rent you there current stock(2nd hand ones)
    ring around, but i firmly agree with buy something to train on and get used to before a race.

Advertisement