Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best online payment options for website

Options
  • 30-05-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I currently have a website that is for information purposes only. Now I want to sell a product/service and have been googling what to do and who to use. Paypal seems popular, but I'm afraid it may put off purchasers who don't regurlarly buy online. Ideally I'd like the option of paying by debit or credit card. Has anyone done this research already? What are my best options -price and simplicity being the key elements here! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

PayPal is by far the easiest and most cost effective method to begin with. What I'd usually recommend would be to start off with PayPal to test the waters, and if things go well you can invest further in a more comprehensive solution.
    Paypal seems popular, but I'm afraid it may put off purchasers who don't regurlarly buy online.

The way I'd look at this would be that the people who regularly buy online are the most likely to purchase what you're selling, and the people who don't regularly buy online are the least likely. So while your concerns are valid, it's only towards a small percentage of your potential market, so the extra expenditure mightn't be justified.

Of course, your best approach should also take in to account what you're selling, and how you want to sell it.

Feel free to PM me what your site is and I'd be happy to give you some further advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

I thought paypal allowed people to pay by credit/debit card without signing up for an account:confused:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/standard

• Registered Users Posts: 11 New dawn

Thanks- paypal does seem the best option- certainly from my viewpoint. They do take debit and credit cards, but not everyone feels comfortable with these type of 'holding' accounts. Realex also looks ok- so will investigate those further
    thanks......

Advertisement