Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Pay Meter

Options
  • 30-05-2013 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

I just got a Pre Pay Meter Installed. And I am trying to Figure out how can i see what KW are being used and how much is it costing an hour

Its a Secure Freedom Meter.. Another thing why am i getting to different Readings on the Wireless Hand held its telling me i have 30.89 but on the Wall Mounted with the Cables going into its saying i have 30.60

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Cork24 wrote: »
    I just got a Pre Pay Meter Installed. And I am trying to Figure out how can i see what KW are being used and how much is it costing an hour
    Press button 6 once will give you electricity currently being used in KW, press it again & you'll get how much it's costing per hour, press it again & you'll get your carbon emissions.

Repeated pressing of any button will give you different levels of info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi All,

Cushie Butterfield, thank you for providing this correct information. Sometimes you will have to press the 6 button a few times and bypass several screens before you find the required information.

Regarding the difference in readings, the meter on your wall is the main system and so will provide you with the most accurate information. If you have a freedom unit installed inside, sometimes they are slower to update then the wall unit which might result in a slight difference, usually the Freedom unit reading will be slightly lower.

Before I can give you more specific information, I would need you to provide me with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number. You can send this on through private message if you wish.

For your own reference, we have other useful information regarding Pay As You Go meters on our website.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Aoife can you still get the token meters installed?

Hi Chris,

The installation of a prepay meter depends on the circumstances of your account. We can't install one by request, your account must meet certain criteria and be approved by our Credit Control department.

If you are having trouble meeting the required payments for your bills, I can review your account for you and see what options would be available. For example, we can offer installment plans for customers who feel that they might not be able to pay to our credit terms of 14 days.

If want me to do this, please private message me your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number.

Regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I don't pay for the electricity thankfully. I was just wondering are the old token meters still available for anybody who needs a prepay meter. Do they have a choice which type they can get installed (token or voucher) or are the token ones withdrawn

• Advertisement

Hi Chris,

At the moment we do not replace or install token meters, we are in the process of phasing them out.

There are new Key-pad meters which are available to customers in certain cases. They allow a customer to manage their debt by buying credit for their meter in any Payzone outlet. A certain amount of each vend is then allocated towards their outstanding balance. These meters are specifically to help customers clear significant arrears however, and installation is decided on a case by case basis.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement