Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

False Eyelashes... WHEN to apply?

• 30-05-2013 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Ladies, I'd appreciate your advice here. I love the look of false lashes, not the mad ones mind you.... I've worn them about 3 times now to varying degrees of success .... :) and :(
    When do ye apply yours? Is it before even a scrap of cosmetics touch your face or after your full eye make-up is done? Anytime I've tried them it has always been after eye make-up but I always seem to have trouble getting them to stick. First time they stayed on (beginners luck?, I think they were Cheryl Cole's Girls Aloud lashes), 2nd time was the same brand but one just wouldn't stay on for me. The last time I spent an age doing my eyes but they just insisted on popping off - could not get them to stay put no matter what! :mad: Eventually, after wasting 30 mins, I had to just remove make-up, do my eyes again and go without :(
    What way do you do yours?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I was told it is important to put them on before any make up! Make sure there is no oils etc on your face/eye lids too.
    You can also use eye mascara but its important it is NOT a waterproof one because these ones interfere with the glue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

celica00 wrote: »
    I was told it is important to put them on before any make up! Make sure there is no oils etc on your face/eye lids too.
    You can also use eye mascara but its important it is NOT a waterproof one because these ones interfere with the glue

Do you mean before any moisturiser or primer or anything? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I've wondered this myself!
    Although, I find it hard to do my eye makeup if I put them on before hand, and if I put them on after I usually mess up and end up smearing my eyeshadow with the glue :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

twirlagig wrote: »
    Do you mean before any moisturiser or primer or anything? :)

yep
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I always put them on after make-up (as do most Youtube tutorials and make-up artists). That way it's easier to do the eyeshadow and you can fix the eyeliner to hide the base of the lashes if necessary. A decent glue should stick to most make-up provided it (the makeup) isn't too thick. Duo glue is the best out there and worth the money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I put them on after makeup and mascara.
    I think if you use use duo glue adhesive you can't go far wrong. I also use the bourjois false lash applicator, It's best aplicator I've ever used. I used this tutorial to learn how to do falsies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrhDjhl0-Zw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

They're literally the very last thing I put on. As regards to my eyes, I'll do eyeshadow, eye pencil on bottom lids, liquid liner on top lids, a light coat of mascara (top and bottom) and then put on the lashes.When the glue is dried I put another layer of liquid liner over the seam of the lashes she they blend better.

When I first started wearing them I would put them on before any make up and they were always a disaster, they never quite blended in with the lash line, there was always a semi obvious gap, and putting on eyeshadow was difficult and annoying.

I always put mine on last and have no problems with it.

I recommend the "Duo" glue, not sure how much it is but I only paid $8 for it in the States and its a very large tube that will last you ages. Best glue I've ever used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

You can get a large tube (14g) of Duo glue for around €6 online. It also comes in a dark colour too which might be better for lashes. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I also put them on after all my makeup has been applied, especially mascara. As mentioned above, most Youtube tutorials also do the same.

The trick is placing them centre first, pat to the outer eye and then then the inner. Use a tweezers to tweak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I always apply last too!

One of the reasons they may not be staying on right is the glue. Are you allowing the glue to dry somewhat before applying them? Because that's what you're supposed to do. Don't apply them when the glue is wet, wait until it is kind of tacky, about 30 seconds or so.

If you're using liquid eyeliner above your lashes I find this can also affect how well the falsies stick. When I'm wearing false eyelashes, I just use kohl pencil before applying them, and then I put a bit of gel/liquid eyeliner on after they're on. This also is good for smoothing the line between your eyelid and the false lashes.

Oh and if you're re-using false lashes, make sure they're clean before attempting to put them on. Use a wipe to remove any glue that has been left on them since the last time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement