Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

apple mac book and e fibre bb

• 30-05-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Looking for help

Recently got eircoms efibre bb(had there old bb).i can connect the iPad and iPhone to the WiFi but my mac won't.ive been onto eircom but they said its not their routers problem.

My mac had no problem connecting to eircoms old box and I can connect it to a UPC WiFi with no issues

Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Assuming you're trying to connect the mac over wireless, I'd check the security / encryption settings on the new eircom modem and check if the mac supports the current encryption level.
    my 2 cents ...

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Assuming you're trying to connect the mac over wireless, I'd check the security / encryption settings on the new eircom modem and check if the mac supports the current encryption level.
    my 2 cents ...
    thanks for the reply
    Pretty crap at tech stuff.how do I check?if it doesn't support the encryption, how do I fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

Give tech support a call, they have a workaround if your mac os x is lower than 10.6. What basically needs to be done is turn off ipv6 both on the modem (in 3 different places) and on your mac. After that it should work grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nomeara

eircom installed e-fibre yesterday. My ipads were fine but it caused serious issues with a MacBook and a MacPro - after connecting to the new address and going on to the internet the Macbook completely crashed with the deadly grey screen and rainbow wheel - the MacPro had start up problems and after an age if it opened no applications would open and you could not access any files or e-mails. I have cancelled it and requested the old network to be re-installed immediately.
    But do not panic as when I connected to another older network the MacBook and MacPro worked fine!

nomeara see post above. If your macs have 10.6 or lower, they won't work under an efibre connection. IPv6 needs to be disabled in various points (not only on mac and not only in one place on the modem interface). A simple call to tech support will sort you out, the lads know what to do to fix this situation for your macs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

What make is this router Eircom have provided?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nomeara

Thank you, all above 10.6. I will call tech support and keep the fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭superlav

I've just been out to a friends house who was having the exact same issues.
    He is an Apple nut, multiple iPads, iPhones, Apple TV's, Mac mini's, Apple Time Capsules and a few Macbooks.

The Mac minis's and Macbooks that were on 10.6.8 or lower would connect for a minute and then hang.

As Boogietime suggested, disabling IPv6 on the new Eircom router (it's a Zyxel by the way) and then on the devices with the problems sorted it out.

One thing to note is that if you use your device on both wired and wireless connection then you should disable IPv6 on both the wired and wireless network interfaces.

superlav wrote: »
    I've just been out to a friends house who was having the exact same issues.
    He is an Apple nut, multiple iPads, iPhones, Apple TV's, Mac mini's, Apple Time Capsules and a few Macbooks.

The Mac minis's and Macbooks that were on 10.6.8 or lower would connect for a minute and then hang.

As Boogietime suggested, disabling IPv6 on the new Eircom router (it's a Zyxel by the way) and then on the devices with the problems sorted it out.

One thing to note is that if you use your device on both wired and wireless connection then you should disable IPv6 on both the wired and wireless network interfaces.

Exactly, it needs to be disabled under ethernet/airport in the network settings on the mac as well. Tech support can help you with that if you're having difficulties. Glad I could help, lads. Enjoy your fibre!

Advertisement