Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost Plus Sofa & Colossal Clearance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged so all information is in one place.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

According to Solocheck: http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Revolution-Galleries-Ltd-904813 this is the parent company of Cost Plus Sofas.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SeeZee

One of my chairs in my suite was internally damaged and had evidence if being previously used.
    Complained to shop, was sent to customer service.
    Complained to customer service, they could only offer a repair. I declined and they sent me to hq at cscentre@ costplusgroup.com.
    No replay to email so gonna send registered letters as advised on this fourm and then go down SCC route.
    So need company name for that.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

might not win a case in SCC, they offered you a repair and you point blank refused it, so to a judge it won't look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

might not win a case in SCC, they offered you a repair and you point blank refused it, so to a judge it won't look good.

Companies offer doesn't have to be agreed. Hence SCC would be next step if neither are willing to budge.

To be honest, if I bought something new and it turned out that it was not just used but damaged while used, I would accept a repair. I purchased a new item, not a second hand one. In this instance, I would only accept a refund or NEW replacement.

• Advertisement

Has anyone on here taken them to the small Claims court?
    If so which company name did you put on the form

SeeZee wrote: »
    Has anyone on here taken them to the small Claims court?
    If so which company name did you put on the form

Just put the company HQ OR the store you purchased from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Bought a couch and chair off them 3 years ago, no complaints here, still perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carpejugulum

dudara wrote: »
    There are no legal requirements around warranties. It is entirely up to the retailer and/or manufacturer if they want to offer a warranty. There is no legal requirement either around the length of a warranty.

The key thing is that your Consumer rights offer greater protection than a warranty and cannot be superseded by one.
    Retailers confuse the two and pass of warranty as guarantee. Their warranty is usually 1 year and they claim that is all consumers are entitled to.
    Tesco, for example, have an official policy not to accept an electrical device older than a year and claim that their warranty is 1 year and that's all you are entitled to.
    Unfortunately, people accept this lie.

It's time the NCA looked into these practices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

But the warranty is a year. A claim under the sales of goods and services is different.

You can ask any company to uphold tour rights and if they don't you go to the small claims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carpejugulum

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    But the warranty is a year. A claim under the sales of goods and services is different.

You can ask any company to uphold tour rights and if they don't you go to the small claims.
    It is a different thing but retailers refuse to acknowledge that and claim that warranty is all you get.

Yes, small claims is the only way to resolve it at the moment, but it's ridiculous that companies have policies breaching/ignoring the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

the "closing down sale" sale continues. i reckon they have just moved on to a new marketing strategy, who will bet me that in 6 months time it will still be happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

emo72 wrote: »
    the "closing down sale" sale continues. i reckon they have just moved on to a new marketing strategy, who will bet me that in 6 months time it will still be happening?

Athlone closed up on Monday and Waterford are closing this weekend. Other shops will be going aswel.
    Maybe do your research next time before you jump to conclusions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What planet are you on? The stores are closing left right and centre!

haha. sorry guys. okay, let me rephrase it. i think some of their better stores will stay open to clear the stuff. but some people have mentioned the prices arent really reduced anyway?

its grand lads, lets not fall out over it. look its sunny out, lets try be happy.

haha. sorry guys. okay, let me rephrase it. i think some of their better stores will stay open to clear the stuff. but some people have mentioned the prices arent really reduced anyway?

its grand lads, lets not fall out over it. look its sunny out, lets try be happy.

Many prices have dropped. Do you always believe what others say? Just pop in to a shop and you'll find a bargain. Coffee tables going for little or nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

They're just consolidating. Closing down sales trick is as old as they get. I know they are genuinely closing some stores but I bet you beans to euros they are still ordering in stock.

They're just consolidating. Closing down sales trick is as old as they get. I know they are genuinely closing some stores but I bet you beans to euros they are still ordering in stock.
    As an insider
    ...no they're not.

Coffee tables going for little or nothing

well coffee tables arent that important. what about suites and beds?

well coffee tables arent that important. what about suites and beds?

see for yourself. Stock varies from store to store

• Advertisement

see for yourself. Stock varies from store to store

okay. best of luck mate. i hope your not losing a job. its hard enough out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

I'm sorry but after having dealings with this lot and the various horror stories I find it hard to believe they are doing anything genuine. Thankfully some capitalist natural selection has taken place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Athlone closed up on Monday and Waterford are closing this weekend. Other shops will be going aswel.
    Maybe do your research next time before you jump to conclusions.

waterford closed a long time ago - I think it was the first to have all stock taken out.

From the looks of it and my own guesswork is they have kept the prime sites for the time being and I would hazard a guess that these will be sold to DFS who are looking to expand their stores, but in the trade it is reported that their sales are not nearly as strong as they initially expected - or put it another way, Irish consumers don't fall for their false pricing policy in the same way as UK consumers do.

sandin wrote: »
    waterford closed a long time ago - I think it was the first to have all stock taken out.

From the looks of it and my own guesswork is they have kept the prime sites for the time being and I would hazard a guess that these will be sold to DFS who are looking to expand their stores, but in the trade it is reported that their sales are not nearly as strong as they initially expected - or put it another way, Irish consumers don't fall for their false pricing policy in the same way as UK consumers do.

Maybe it was wexford then? I'm not sure which one but one of them has been open for the sale.

I sent a registered letter of complaint to
    Revolution galleries ltd

Registered Address:Unit 6,
    Clonmore Business Park,
    Mullingar,
    Co. Westmeath

It was returned with the ' gone away' box ticked.

Has anyone taken action against cost plus sofa? If so what conpany and address were you successful with?

Thanks

As of Today, CPS have gone in to Administration. All stores are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

so what actually went wrong for them? grew too big and greedy or just got careless and sold cheap rubbish at 10times their value? take your pick..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

what a surprise! - NOT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As far as I can see they mislead both customers and staff into thinking that it was just a restructure, it looks like their aim all along was to liquidate as must stock as possible and then do a runner.

• Advertisement

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    As far as I can see they mislead both customers and staff into thinking that it was just a restructure, it looks like their aim all along was to liquidate as must stock as possible and then do a runner.

If that can be proven, I wouldn't want to be a director in that ex company...

Advertisement