Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freddies reopened

Options
  • 30-05-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭

Freddies Arcades, Tramore.
    I saw this photo on Facebook and I wasn't sure if it was moved or not but I think it's after opening again.

931255_10200511252798269_64977553_n.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yeah, he has been working on it for a while now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Who's running it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Who's running it?

Freddie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Fair play to him I for one wish him the best, he always ran a good show.
    One way round the track......No head on bumping

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

will give him a go , but prefer the Prom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 meowski

Wow Freddie is some man, wasn't it only 6 months ago that he was declared bankrupt and the original feddies closed and now he has managed to raise the funds to reopen again. Ireland needs more people like him who can turn things around that fast.

I am surprised that he was able to get another licence but maybe his reputation as a hard working, honest businessman persuaded the council.

It's good news for local families with the jobs it will create.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

will give him a go , but prefer the Prom

Id have to agree the prom arcade is by far the best arcade for value,they look after the customer pretty well,my mother & granny play there the whole time and rave about how they won a cash draw they do all day 5days a week & they get all the tea & coffee cakes biscuits brown bread chips the lot haha.. Cant wait till im old so i can play the 2p bandits:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

lester76 wrote: »
    Id have to agree the prom arcade is by far the best arcade for value,they look after the customer pretty well,my mother & granny play there the whole time and rave about how they won a cash draw they do all day 5days a week & they get all the tea & coffee cakes biscuits brown bread chips the lot haha.. Cant wait till im old so i can play the 2p bandits:D

Yeah it's a regular charitable organisation... I'd say they must be losing money hand over fist down there! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

meowski wrote: »
    Wow Freddie is some man, wasn't it only 6 months ago that he was declared bankrupt and the original feddies closed and now he has managed to raise the funds to reopen again. Ireland needs more people like him who can turn things around that fast.

I am surprised that he was able to get another licence but maybe his reputation as a hard working, honest businessman persuaded the council.

It's good news for local families with the jobs it will create.

Did anyone else get a vibe of sarcasm from this post? Sorry I'm only messin really and I agree fully with it. But the first thing I thought from reading your post was "oh aye and pigs fly" *laugh*

I don't know the story of Freddie in honesty but I enjoyed going on the blackjack machine in there a lot. Haven't been there in years now.

gamercfc wrote: »
    Did anyone else get a vibe of sarcasm from this post? Sorry I'm only messin really and I agree fully with it. But the first thing I thought from reading your post was "oh aye and pigs fly" *laugh*

I don't know the story of Freddie in honesty but I enjoyed going on the blackjack machine in there a lot. Haven't been there in years now.

don't worry, sarcasm was fully intended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Its hard to know the full story but imagine thr banks have it runnijg for the summer

rasper wrote: »
    Its hard to know the full story but imagine thr banks have it runnijg for the summer

its not the original freddies its the small place next to the Atlantic palace.

Hey Sully seeing as you knew this was in the pipeline, can you shed anylight on how freddie has managed this amazing turn around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I'v great time for Fred. Sound man, Used to drink in his pub before.

Advertisement