Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a rabbit - Douglas

Options
  • 30-05-2013 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi, I found a big rabbit off the South Douglas Road today. Just by the side gate of Douglas Community School. I've brought her home and she is happy enough in our back garden but we want her to go back to her owner. Also our cats seem to be unnerving her. Please PM if you know who owns her or you are the owner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭VincentLeB

How do you know it's not a wild rabbit?

I live very close to there and behind our house there is a big wooded area (behind the houses on the Well Road), and we see wild rabbits a couple of times a year. Similarly, as you come onto the Well Road from the top of Skehard Road, there is a green patch by the new junction, and it's quite common to see wild rabbits that have come out of the wooded areas (I think it's a garden of a big house.)

I could be totally off, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was wild. Then again, I don't know anything about rabbits.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,027 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Don't think a wild rabbit would let you pick it up and put it in your garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aratsarse101

no. it's definitely not wild but I just haven't said what colour it is so that the owner can identify it for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Odd one to come across.. Your very good to pick her/him and take in. It could have easily burrowed its way out of somewhere. Have you contacted Dec the Vet and maybe the fingerpost.. ill stick a post up there on the old facebooks

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aratsarse101

Thanks for that. Good idea. I'll call those two vets. I dont use facebook so thanks for helping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I'll take it off you, I know just what to do with it.*

*butter, schallots, Garlic and some white wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Milly33 wrote: »
    Odd one to come across.. Your very good to pick her/him and take in. It could have easily burrowed its way out of somewhere. Have you contacted Dec the Vet and maybe the fingerpost.. ill stick a post up there on the old facebooks

Odd one??

A friend of Our spotted a Raccoon out her back garden the other day..And she's living in the Togher area.

Now,,that's odd..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Odd one??

A friend of Our spotted a Raccoon out her back garden the other day..And she's living in the Togher area.

Now,,that's odd..:eek:

Are there Raccoons in Ireland? They're hardly a native species surely?

Wonder could it have been a badger instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Are there Raccoons in Ireland? They're hardly a native species surely?

Wonder could it have been a badger instead?

No,,they are not native at all.

I saw the pic on her fb page..100% defo a Raccoon.

Someone somewhere must have got it as a pet somehow,,and it either escaped,or they left it go to get rid of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,027 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I saw a chipmunk in a timber yard in Cork city a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

you can also contact CSPCA in case someone asked there for a missed rabbit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I know someone in Douglas who keeps several rabbits as pets, will check with her. Don't want to txt her "you missing a rabbit?" or she'll rush home from work in a panic! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

There are 3 pet shops in Douglas who might have been contacted

Advertisement