Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LSAD Graduate Show 2013

• 30-05-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

Hello there internet dwellers, Seeing as it's a big enough event in Limerick and within the Irish Art scene, I thought it might be worth a mention here.. That and I'm graduating this year so I'm in the show! :pac:

Every year, the Limerick School of Art and Design on Clare street becomes a huge Art gallery showcasing the work of well over 100 4th year students graduating from the college who studied the disciplines of Printmaking, Painting, Sculpture, Fashion, Graphics and Ceramics.

The show opens this Saturday at 3pm and is open to the public, It will then be open again from the 3rd-8th of June from 9:30-5pm every day. So, if you can't make the opening, you're more than welcome to pop by and have a look around the place later in the week. We finished putting the show together over the last few days and it's wonderful as always, well worth a look!

Heres a link to the events Facebook page which includes some more infrmation, the odd poster/photo as well as teaser videos. Some of the Viscom (Graphic design) students' work has also been uploaded over the last day or so onto youtube and is well worth having a look at. Link!

Finally, I'm from the printmaking course so you'd get to see my work up close and personal as well as all the other talented folk in the year! There are also some very nice prints made by the 4th year printmaking class on sale in a side ''editions exhibition'' with all proceeds going towards Pieta house.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Sounds interesting! I might go have a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Sounds interesting! I might go have a look

You should! :)
    There will be quite a big crowd today, yeknow family, friends and art collectors etc. will be around to see the show. It's open to anyone to walk in off the street to have a look around, and as I said, if today didn't suit people, it's open all next week except for this coming Monday. There's an incredible variety of work even for those who might not be that interested in art, it might open your eyes.

I put up a folder of my show and what its about this morning for those who can't get to see the show, so this will give you an idea of some of the things that are going on!

http://www.behance.net/gallery/LSAD-Degree-Show-2013/9028259

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Was in there last Tuesday, great stuff, well worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I love 'Pearly Gates' randomfriend, it's such an amazing photograph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

panda100 wrote: »
    I love 'Pearly Gates' randomfriend, it's such an amazing photograph.

• Advertisement
Advertisement