Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes wrong size - will shop take them back?

Options
  • 30-05-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I recently bought a pair of Asics 1000 in one of the Irish sports chains as a replacement for an old pair of 1150s. I was happy with the sizing of the old shoes, but I tried on the 1000s in the shop just to be sure. Thought they felt a little bit tight in the same size, but I figured that with my usual (thinner) running socks & adjusting the lacing properly, they'd be ok.

Two short runs later & I've had pain in the ball of my left foot, which I believe is often due to badly-fitting shoes. Tried the old pair in between those two runs & had no problems. Given the shoes have been used & that I tried them on in the shop, I presume the shop is under no obligation to exchange them for a different size? I'm going to chance it & see what they say, but was wondering what experience forum regulars have in exchanging shoes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

Depending on where you got them, they may be able to exchange them as there is very few miles on them. There has been a bit of a change from the 1150 to the 1000 so it could be the design of the shoe doesn't suit anymore. Maybe try like a Mizuno Inspire or Saucony Guide if the shop stocks them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

If it's Elvery sports you have no chance :P

Advertisement