Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunhat for 11 month old

Options
  • 30-05-2013 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone has seen any sunhats with straps on it. My little one will not keep hers on so want to get one with a tie!
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RetailChick

Yes they have some cute sun hats with ties on them in H+M......picked up a couple this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Yes they have some cute sun hats with ties on them in H+M......picked up a couple this week :)

Thanks I'll grab some at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

The one's from H&M are brilliant.

My little girl wore them in various colours all last summer and has some again for this summer...although now at 17 months she doesn't like to wear them anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I got a lovely animal print hat in Tesco yesterday. It's the kind that has the flap that covers the neck and ears, or you can fold the flap up out of the way. She has spent the day ripping it off her head every time I put it on:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I got a lovely frilly white one in dunnes and it stayed on for 2 mins. Spotted one in pennys the other day. 2 or 3 euro. Has a peak and has the part that goes down to cover her neck. Put it on wens and she wore it for hours without touching it. Only took it off when she was in the car. Think that was money well spent. Might see if they have different colours tomorrow

• Advertisement

Got some lovely ones in H&M that have ties on them! She's still trying to get them off but there's no budging them! €2.95 each can't beat that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

are you not supposed to get one with uv protection

I put factor 50 on all over in the morning! And reapply throughout the day! No issues yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RetailChick

Health and Safety gone mad :rolleyes: Factor 50 applied thoroughly, reapplied throughout the day and baby kept in shade where possible is sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Health and Safety gone mad :rolleyes: Factor 50 applied thoroughly, reapplied throughout the day and baby kept in shade where possible is sufficient.

Do your research, suns rays can come through a cheap sunhat and burn a babies head. Nobody mentioned anything about putting sunscreen on the top of the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭skit490

Gettin bit hot headed in here! Anyway i got one with elastic band under chin and would not recommend. Baby still tired to take it off n smacked elastic on her chin. Ouch ! anyone got reccomendation for thé uv ones.

I put factor 50 on her head too! She's very fair and has very little hair! It's helping with the dry skin too!!
    I often wonder how our parents survived without all the info we have!!!

I did see a hat in m&s that had the uv protection but was part of a swim set - long sleeved top and shorts too all uv protection would be good if you'll get use out of it all!

Advertisement