Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation

• 30-05-2013 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43

Hey, I haven't booked accommodation yet but I have to admit I am a bit sceptical about sharing with strangers. Is there anybody who is hoping for Dublin next year TCD or DIT who might be interested in making contacts? :P
    I don't know if I am supposed to want to but the idea of sharing with people I don't know at all for a year scares me a bit to tell the truth so please write back or PM ideas and opinions. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 strawberryowl

Hiya, I'm planning on heading to TCD later this year, if I manage the points!
    Hoping to either get a place for myself or to share with one or two people. I like to get plan early! I know that even if I don't get my first choice, I'll still be moving to Dublin.

I think it's a good idea to put out some feelers at this point, because there will always be people who know where they're going already, and sure, there's no harm in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Lollipops13

Ok are you going to stay in the halls or a different student accommodation in Dublin ?
    Yeah I haven't booked somewhere yet! I hope I'm not too late though.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

I've barely even thought about accommodation yet! hoping for DCU or DIT, i feel so unorganised and unprepared

I plan on looking for something other than student accommodation, as TCD available acc. doesn't look like something I'd be into. Probably some time in July...
    But I'd say you'd have plenty of time still to find that kind of accommodation, sure most people don't make up their minds until results and offers are out.

Yeah I'm the same. I don't know. A lot of people have booked stuff despite not having a definite plan! where have you looked at acc. wise? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

I've booked in Marino student accommodation (as mentioned in the first post), hoping to do the B. Ed in either Marino or Pats. I booked that about early March. Its on the 123 route which would drop you into town for your lectures OP. :)

I've looked at a few apartments in Dublin 2 and 4, but since I'm at the other side of the country completely at the moment, and since most are looking for people to move in around now, I've decided to head up to Dublin for a few days in July or the beginning of August and have a look at a few apartments. Either 1 bedrooms, or if there are some decent 2 or 3 bedrooms places, which I'd hopefully find someone to share with. Have you any idea whereabouts in Dublin you'd like to be?

Yeah I am too. Anywhere near enough to tcd/dit in kevins street but I can't find somewhere. I think marino is fantastic like Hitchcock mentioned above but is it only for teachers or anyone?
    Strawberry owl that is a good idea. What are you hoping to do next year? (:

Hoping to do BESS in Trinity if it all works out, if I don't manage the points, Political Science in UCD. :) What about yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Because I f%cked up, I probably won't be getting a place on UCD campus, so I guess I'll end up looking for a room also. I'm not sure whether I'll end up in Dublin(ucd or dcu) or Limerick(ul) so I'll be looking for a place after I accept my offer. That's surely not too late, is it? There's a myriad of places available, and there's gonna be a lot of people looking, so I'm sure I'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Heya same here for TCD :)

Cool have you found accommodation yet? What are you hoping to do? , I'm hoping for pharmacy or nutrition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

I'm England bound next year and have found accomodation off campus (I think) but no idea who I'm sharing with and the idea of a commute is terrifying the life out of me! That and not knowing if there'll be a washing machine and dryer :o

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

Yeah I am too. Anywhere near enough to tcd/dit in kevins street but I can't find somewhere. I think marino is fantastic like Hitchcock mentioned above but is it only for teachers or anyone?
    Strawberry owl that is a good idea. What are you hoping to do next year? (:

Marino student accommodation is for any student from any college, not just people from teacher training colleges :)

Advertisement