Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best option for shipping large/heavy box from UK to Ireland?

Options
  • 31-05-2013 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I am packaging up my electronic drumkit (worth about 800 pounds) here in the UK and I need to send it back home to Ireland. It's in a a large box - about 79cm x 57cm x 36cm (height x width x depth) and weighs close to 40kg. What are my best options for sending something big and heavy like this from UK to Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Have a look at anyvan.ie. You post details of the job and companies come back to you with a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Orange Bubblegum

Cliona99 wrote: »
    Have a look at anyvan.ie. You post details of the job and companies come back to you with a quote.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've use anyvan here in the UK but I wasn't sure if they would move stuff overseas. The thing is, they would be driving across. Seeing as a ferry from the UK to Ireland is about 160 pounds - wouldn't the price be at least that? Companies like FedEx and UPS would do it for cheaper than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

I posted a job and the quotes were a lot less than the ferry but I'm guessing it depends on size/weight and my load is more bulky than heavy. (bicycle, fridge, suitcases).

I think a company who is already driving from a to b with room to spare would charge less than UPS etc. A friend of mine used FedEx to ship boxes home from America and found them very efficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

www.shiply.com

Moved a few things over and back across the Irish waters using this crowd. House move to Cars....you name it!

Advertisement