Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Richard Dunne

• 31-05-2013 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭

I've always been a huge Richard Dunne fan , particularly good international - but, how could he be fit for International duty , sure he hasn't played a game for Villa all season , i believe - or was it he had a falling out with them , seams very strange how he could suddenly be fit for International duty after missing the complete season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Trap is putting him in the shop window for another club to assess him me thinks. He's not fit but Trap has his favourites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

could have been a great if he had more pace, though his performance against Russia away was McGrathesque

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

His season rating would still be higher than Ciaran clanger Clark despite not playing a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

thebaz wrote: »
    I've always been a huge Richard Dunne fan , particularly good international - but, how could he be fit for International duty , sure he hasn't played a game for Villa all season , i believe - or was it he had a falling out with them , seams very strange how he could suddenly be fit for International duty after missing the complete season.
    You're right, let's give Paul McShane a go instead ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Unfortunately we're not blessed with a big choice of players able to play centre-half. A fit Dunne is better than anything we have at the moment, and he needs first team football, preferably in the PL. Maybe an international or two will prompt a summer move and first-team football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

I wonder would Crystal Palace make a move for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

All jokes aside, I wonder if any clubs in Russia would be interested? That legendary performance in Moscow surely turned a couple of heads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

sugarman wrote: »
    Has been back since end of April, fit, but not fit enough for EPL.

I suppose in a nutshell thats my point , fit eneogh for International duty, but not EPL - though, I was curious had he a falling out with Villa - he's had a few in his career

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Rekop dog wrote: »
    His season rating would still be higher than Ciaran clanger Clark despite not playing a game.

As a Villa fan I'd disagree, C.C. played a lot of consecutive games in an inexperienced defence.

Fair enough he made a few howlers but no more than others in the team. His confidence was shot but considering his age, overall he didn't do too badly and the experience will stand him in good stead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

dd972 wrote: »
    could have been a great if he had more pace, though his performance against Russia away was McGrathesque

Dunne had very good pace in his prime for a centre back, people just presumed he was slow from his build.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

pavb2 wrote: »
    As a Villa fan I'd disagree, C.C. played a lot of consecutive games in an inexperienced defence.

Fair enough he made a few howlers but no more than others in the team. His confidence was shot but considering his age, overall he didn't do too badly and the experience will stand him in good stead.

Agreed. Also, our midfield was no-existent for most of the season, so opposing teams got through very easily. It's very difficult for an inexperienced defence to withstand wave after wave of attacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

thebaz wrote: »
    fit eneogh for International duty, but not EPL

Really though - Ireland v Georgia is a lower standard of a game than anywhere he could be given an opportunity in the EPL

Advertisement