Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cracked/Shelled Corn

• 31-05-2013 5:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Anyone know where it is possible to get some cracked or shelled corn for the chickens ? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Briany82 wrote: »
    Anyone know where it is possible to get some cracked or shelled corn for the chickens ? Thanks in advance.
    I buy Super Mixed corn from the smallholder range from Allen and Page.
    It has Corn peas, oyster grit etc.
    The Hens love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Briany82, where are you located? Most feed stores will have corn. +1 for the Smallholder range (CJHaughy, where do you buy yours, I cant get the super corn I think), there is also the Fancy Feeds range - they do a mixed corn for poultry (GM free) - it costs about E12/25kg. You should only give corn in the evenings (small handful each) before bed - corn is a 'warmer' and stays in their crops for longer, so is very useful in the winter. But again, you should let them eat their Layers Pellets during the day before giving corn/grain which they much prefer, as its not as balanced a feed as the Layers Pellets. Apologies if Im telling you something you already know :o

Advertisement