Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Keyboard Under €50

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

This is a bargain. Mechanical keyboards are far better than standard rubber dome ones.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B00C67C79C/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1369985253&sr=1-2&keywords=coolermaster+cm+mechanical+keyboard

Here's a video review. The one in the link above uses brown switches so the key back light color will be white.

What the brown switch illumination looks like.

h36UL.jpg

Guide to mechanical keyboards.

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭MisterMioster

I know this might sound dumb but is there anything as good that looks more modern? That keyboard is obviously good but it looks like its from years ago..

I'd prefer a black keyboard with a white LED or blue LED on the keys letters and under the keys if possible, like the way that keyboard has it.
    Rubber gaming keys on a mechanical are supposed to be the best thing for gaming too right ?
    If needed I'd go £10 more but that's it.

Thanks!

You won't get anything else in that price range with lighting. You're looking at £80+ for more flash looking mechanicals.

I'm amazed that keyboard is as cheap as it is considering everything else that's there and nothing else in the price range offers backlighting.

I don't think rubber keys are going to have any effect.

So your choice is go for an inferior flash looking rubber dome keyboard or the more dull looking but far superior mechanical. I know which one I'd choose.

I have no clue about keyboards mate lol, it's not that I think bad quality beats good quality it's just that I don't know which one is which..

What I asked was like is there any cooler ones, even though that one is already cool.
    It's like a guy getting a new ferrari for cheap, wanting a red one, getting a yellow one instead, but still liking the yellow one.
    Idk if that makes much sense but anyway, thanks a lot!
    I couldn't have found such a good pc build without your help blood ^.^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I have no clue about keyboards mate lol, it's not that I think bad quality beats good quality it's just that I don't know which one is which..

What I asked was like is there any cooler ones, even though that one is already cool.
    It's like a guy getting a new ferrari for cheap, wanting a red one, getting a yellow one instead, but still liking the yellow one.
    Idk if that makes much sense but anyway, thanks a lot!
    I couldn't have found such a good pc build without your help blood ^.^

you can get cooler ones but they increase in price very quickly mine cost £120 and the only difference between the £50 keyboard and mine is backlight and media keys (luxury features tbh)

a mechanical will be a noticeable improvement on any membrane keyboard i can guarantee you that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

NTMK wrote: »
    you can get cooler ones but they increase in price very quickly mine cost £120 and the only difference between the £50 keyboard and mine is backlight and media keys (luxury features tbh)

a mechanical will be a noticeable improvement on any membrane keyboard i can guarantee you that.

They do tempt me oftentimes. I'm a big SC2 player and all the pros use mechanical keyboards.

What kind of difference would I feel using a mechanical keyboard? The fact that they're so loud while typing puts me off tbh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Gumbi wrote: »
    They do tempt me oftentimes. I'm a big SC2 player and all the pros use mechanical keyboards.

What kind of difference would I feel using a mechanical keyboard? The fact that they're so loud while typing puts me off tbh :D

they feel (and are) a lot more solid than a membrane, the switches go straight whereas on membranes they can move and feel squishy

faster response your input its detected before they bottom out. so very good for sc2 imo

the feel is amazing

they are a lot better for rts i personally am a lot faster on a mech than membrane and tbh they're not that loud and you zone out the noise eventually

the only membrane i know still in use by high level/ pro players is the Qsenn Dt but thats impossible to get outside of korea most are converted to mechs now

NTMK wrote: »
    they feel (and are) a lot more solid than a membrane, the switches go straight whereas on membranes they can move and feel squishy

faster response your input its detected before they bottom out. so very good for sc2 imo

the feel is amazing

they are a lot better for rts i personally am a lot faster on a mech than membrane and tbh they're not that loud and you zone out the noise eventually

the only membrane i know still in use by high level/ pro players is the Qsenn Dt but thats impossible to get outside of korea most are converted to mechs now

Goddamnit. Gotta add that to my list of upgrades now. I am working now in Coop for 8 months, so I actually do have the money to upgrade. I try to justify things in general but it's tough when I have the money just begging to be spent. I'm frugal in most other aspects of my life:P I'm actually a pretty fast SC player on a standard keyboard. I imagine playing on a mech one will help quite a bit. Also, pressing the control + hotkey assign (some number between 1 - 9) is sore on my hand from 6 onwards (as such I don't use 7 or higher). The mech might help here :D

My core components are looking good right now, but I think my case, CPU cooler and keyboard are due upgrades :P Bloodbath might be selling his case which would be cool if I could get it; overkill, but hey, second hand it might be a bargain. And I'd like to splurge on a high end air cooler too (maybe a Dark Rock Pro 2). And now a mechanical keyboard is on the list. LOL. Maybe this is better left to Off-Topic.

The £50 one has backlighting and the media keys are built into the F-keys.

I'm going to be buying one myself next week i think. That and a Perixx mx-2000.

I badly need/want a new keyboard and mouse. Less than €90 for the pair is a steal.

Yeah that mechanical one looks beast for gaming...I'd pick quality over looks in terms of a keyboard anyday and its not like that keyboard is ugly anyway, it looks really cool in the dark..

It's a shame that irish pc companies such as custompc.ie are so expensive...for a build with no keyboard, monitor, mouse or speakers and a GTX 550ti, 8GB RAM, cool but poor case, a basic i7 and a decent fan, you pay 1020 euros....it's crazy..
    For 1244 euro I'm going to get a hd monitor,that mechanical keyboard, a very good quality gaming mouse w/ a matching mouse pad, very decent speakers, a good quality case, good cooler,8GB Ram, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, i5 3570K, HD 7870 XT (which outperforms the GTX 550ti and GTX 660Ti) and all the other essential parts..

I don't know why I wrote all that lol, I'm just bored wanted to make a point that German online pc stores sell pc parts for cheaper and better quality lol?
    Anyway I'm off to go do summer work in order together the last bit of money to get that build, I love this site because you're all pros in gaming pc parts, quality and prices... ^.^

• Advertisement

Good stuff!!!

Advertisement