Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused Item as Damaged.

Options
  • 31-05-2013 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently went to the Yodel delivey depot to collect a large package, before accepting/signing for it I noticed that the packaging (and item within) was badly damaged. I hence refused delivery and signed it as "damaged -to be returned to vendor"

I see on the tracking website that the package arrived back with the vendor yesterday morning.

My question is regarding the refund; how long should I reasonably have to wait until what I paid is refunded to me? (it's a one off item, an alternative or a repair wont be, possible - it will have to be a refund)

Also, I bought this online (from England) using Paypal. Should I do something with Paypal? They are the intermediary afterall... do they have a role to play here? :confused:

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Contact the seller and discuss the options, and agree terms with them.

If you are not happy, lodge a dispute with paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Contact the vendor and ask what they are going to do.

They may resend or refund or cancel the order

You only start talking to paypal or whoever if you have an impass

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

should definitly not be repair as you never even accpeted the item - should be an easy replace or refund..

Advertisement