Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost job whilst on Illness benefit

• 31-05-2013 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Ok, the worst has happened, Ive lost my job and a few other have too, as my employer has made cutbacks, Im currently on illness benefit. What do I need to do, do I stay on illness benefit or do I need to claim or sign for jobseeker benefit?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Stay on illness benefit until your GP gives you your final cert(fit for work)then apply for JSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Hi snaps there is infermation on the citizens information .ie, there could be ground for unfair dissmisal
    If your employer decides to make you redundant while you are on sick leave, you may qualify to bring a claim for unfair dismissl. Unless your employer can prove there was a genuine redundancy situation and that fair procedures were followed, your dismissal may be found to be unfair. Even if a genuine redundancy situation exists, you may bring a claim for unfair dismissal if you consider that you were unfairly selected for redundancy. Your employer should apply selection criteria that are reasonable and are applied in a fair manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

No I don't think this is the case. Its a small company and for ages I've wondered when this day would come. I'll keep my eyes and ears open, but its all been genuine (I hope)! Thanks for advice.

It may be the kickstart we need, been thinking of moving abroad for a while now, this just may be the catalyst we needed.

Advertisement