Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi mummy bag and self inflating mat.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

I dare say you'll survive alright this weekend - forecast sounds reasonably benign and it is approaching mid summer :)

That said, pop up tents I've seen are usually single skin - should keep the midges and the breeze off you but I wouldn't want to spend a night in rough weather in one. Any half reasonable sleeping bag should suffice at this time of year. Budget self inflating mats are 'hit & miss'. We have some Aldi/ Lidl types here and they're bulky and prone to leak - I'd much prefer the bog standard insulated foam mat, very light and nothing to go wrong.

Doesn't sound like a regular campsite you're going to. Please leave the place as you find it and bring all, that is every piece of your & others rubbish home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

:)
    Thats one thing we always do is make sure its the way we found it.

Yea the tent is single skin and has the same material on the floor as on the sides and roof so im thinking of getting the waterproof picnic blanket as a base for it.
    Good ol aldi.:)

Sounds good, trust all works out. Re sleeping mats, the real issue is not cosy comfort per se but insulating yourself from the ground - that's what really counts and allows a decent nights sleep, if required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

Do u think the combination of the tent,the mat and picnic base would be sufficient?

In the past ive brought a blow up bed which isnt too bad but takes alot of breath too inflate and id rather not carry that this time.:)

I've always found a plain foam camping mat and a sleeping bag were fine. Last time I used an air bed was as a kid and they usually went down overnight.. Your comfort level requirement may vary ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement